Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 8, 2008, 1:59 AM   #11

Thanks a200user. The weather was perfect for the two weeks we were in Germany. A few days of drizzle in Paris, but not bad at all. I was pretty upset when the K10 died, but it did get tossed around a bit. I was expecting that it could handle a lot more abuse than I gave it. Hopefully, the failure was atypical. --John
bruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:03 AM   #12

Thanks Patty. I got lucky with the Orangutangs. The male sat close to me looked bored. And the mother and baby were fun to watch. --John
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:09 AM   #13

Thanks Jay and Rodney9. I brought the FA50/1.4, DA18-55, and DA50-200. The shots I posted are all shot with the kit lens (18-55) and the 50-200. The Telephoto zoom was used for the first two Berlin shots, and at the zoo. Otherwise all the posted shots were with the 18-55. I got some decent night pictures with the FA-50. I was happy with the kit that I brought with me as it offered a reasonable compromise.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 9:04 AM   #14

I like the orangutans and the river in Dresden. I've lived in Germany for 11 years and have only visited one of the places, Nurnburg,that you went to. I've got to get out more!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 6:50 PM   #15

Thanks Glenn. We were very impressed with Dresden. The city is very dynamic and the surrounding areas are beautiful. There is building and reconstruction everywhere. I was in Berlin in 1988 and it's hardly recognizable now. We also enjoyed the Baden/Black Forest region and are hoping to go back for some cycling. --John
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:02 AM   #16

I like all these pics.

The panning on the cyclist is just about pefect - never had that sort of success myself.

But my fav has to be the Orangutangs.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:35 PM   #17

Thanks Dal. I tried to take other shots of cyclists and this one was by far the best. Amazing how popular bicycling is for commuting in Germany. --John