Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:56 AM   #1

In a completely ridiculous moment of weakness, I have just sprung for the two remaining Limiteds. The 31 and 77. While Iw as at it i got a Pantone Huey, simnply because I use so many different computers all with different monitors, and my pictures 'never' look right,

Bringing my Limited lens count up to 5, and my overall lens count up to a ridiculous NINE.

The lineup is as follows:

21, 31, 40, 43, 50/1.4, 77, Viv100
50-200, Industar 50/3.5

So essentially, I have a 16-50 and 50-135, only in separate lenses about a stop or two faster for 3 or 4 times the price.

Vulcan first officer Spock would not approve.

Someone please help me not feel as ridiculous as I feel right about now
Attached Images

Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:11 AM   #2

LOL! Thanks for the picutre, that made my night! I must not fall victim to the missing Limited lenses from my own collection.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 8:13 AM   #3

I want the 77 Limited so badly I can taste it! I have the 50-135, which in test shots held up quite well with the limited. I don't need the limited particularly. But that doesn't mean anything at all, I still want one.

Enjoy the new lenses and I'm sure they will open up all kinds of creative ways of taking pictures, giving you many hours of enjoyment.

Hey - I just came up with an idea of how to justify it's cost. The 77 Limited would give me years of enjoyment and cost about as much as going to several shows, or a couple of weekends away. It would have a better return of time vs. cost, wouldn't it?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:42 AM   #4

Boy, you are sick! :-) Post some pics when you get a chance.

I have only one limited DA 70mm F2.4 and I definitely want some more. Too bad Pentax does not make them fast as the FAs.

One day that 31mm will be mine...

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 3:54 PM   #5

Can't help you to feel otherwise. I always feel guilty after ordering until I get it in my hands.

Great picture however

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:24 PM   #6

Hi Gazander,

I don't own any of the Ltds, but if I shot a lot in the FLs they cover, I'd have them all. LBA becomes very serious when one contracts the High IQ strain (the Ltd strain is a subset, and very virulent, IMO :-) )

I suffered from a significant attack of the HIQ tele strain a couple of years ago -- this was a very severe attack, and involved finding a Tokina 80-400, A*200, A*300, an FA*300, and a P F 1.7x AFA within a 2 month period of time, all at significantly below "market" value. A case of multiple deals that I couldn't refuse. . .and I even thought that I was showing considerable control by passing on an A*85/1.4 and an A* 200/4 Macro during the same period which were only "good" deals. I still regret not having taken these also, as they've only increased in value since that time. . .

Bottom line, I survived . . . and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, :-). -- and a "ridiculous" 9 lenses in your kit -- suffice it to say that I was surprised to find that I have 9 lenses that cover 200mm alone -- and 7 that cover 50mm. . .

The cure is to go out and shoot with those lenses, then smile when you see the results. . . until the next time. . .
:-)

Hope that makes you feel better. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:42 PM   #7

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Gazander,

I don't own any of the Ltds, but if I shot a lot in the FLs they cover, I'd have them all. LBA becomes very serious when one contracts the High IQ strain (the Ltd strain is a subset, and very virulent, IMO :-) )

I suffered from a significant attack of the HIQ tele strain a couple of years ago -- this was a very severe attack, and involved finding a Tokina 80-400, A*200, A*300, an FA*300, and a P F 1.7x AFA within a 2 month period of time, all at significantly below "market" value. A case of multiple deals that I couldn't refuse. . .and I even thought that I was showing considerable control by passing on an A*85/1.4 and an A* 200/4 Macro during the same period which were only "good" deals. I still regret not having taken these also, as they've only increased in value since that time. . .

Bottom line, I survived . . . and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, :-). -- and a "ridiculous" 9 lenses in your kit -- suffice it to say that I was surprised to find that I have 9 lenses that cover 200mm alone -- and 7 that cover 50mm. . .

The cure is to go out and shoot with those lenses, then smile when you see the results. . . until the next time. . .
:-)

Hope that makes you feel better. . .

Scott

Scott... if I got that many lenses in that short of time, ai don't think I would survive...
my other half would shoot me! and not with a camera. :shock::shock::shock:

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:45 PM   #8

Quote:
snip

Vulcan first officer Spock would not approve.

Someone please help me not feel as ridiculous as I feel right about now
well Gaz, if it will help you out any... you can ship them thar lenzes over here and I'd be happy to take care of them till you're feelin better! :blah:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:48 PM   #9

Did you take that picture with a Nikon as pennance to yourself for indulging in such decadent LBA?
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:11 PM   #10

pic time!

77 has some hardcore backfocusing issues. I was aiming for the phone.

But damn is it sharp.
Attached Images

Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote