Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:37 PM   #11

albreca wrote:
Quote:
This balloon just flew/drove (don't know how you call it in english, in german it is not called 'flying with a ballon', instead you are driving a balloon) over my garden, where i just played with my new Tammy 70-300mm.

bye alex
Great shot Alex!
I guess if you want to get technical, "piloting" would be the correct term in English but, flying or driving works just as well.:G

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:40 PM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Oh, oh - this topic is already getting spectacular, I love all of these, including Penolta's humble dandilion- it's going to be a very hard topic to judge. I've been having a blast thinking about the subject all day - only took one or two pictures, but I could easily do a photo essay on this. It's really a wonderful topic, with SO many ways of interpreting it.
OK girl... talk is cheap, lets see some action!:blah::blah::blah:
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:02 PM   #13

dafiryde wrote:
Quote:
Here i go , i shall call this one ,

Taking a dump
I read your title and burst out laughing!
Thanks for sharing.
Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:57 PM   #14

Something a bit different from New Zealand winter !!!

Pentax K10D taken 7th June 2008.

Ian Mc
Attached Images

Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:25 PM   #15

i knew that title would get a laugh

its amazing though, to see these little bugs every year during the dry season, they remove the clay in the soil when it is dry and you can actually see them seperating it, then they pick the raw clay fly it to wherever mix it with their saliva and make these jug like looking things. the actual width of these cocoons are about 1/4 " wide and when they are completed with it , they lay their eggs in it, mother nature is an amazing thing

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:16 PM   #16

A little out of the ordinary. I will probably change this before month end. But, was going through some shots from last weekend and had this one that fit the bill.

I was trying to photograph these big round puffy flowers (alium, I think they're called) and kept getting what seemed like black photos. Processing through PSE6, this is what I get.

Patty

Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:51 PM   #17

Patty - at first glance I thought it looked like fireworks, it's rather interesting.

I'm actually sort-of working on the photo essay. I haven't yet taken one that is good enough for this challenge, but a few that fits in with the thoughts that have been running through my head on this topic. If I actually put it together, it will be more a reflection of the way my mind sometimes works instead of great photography. And if I can pull it off (still not sure I can - I'm limited by time and location in some cases) it will all be Roy's fault. He's the one that got me thinking about such things way back when I first started contributing here.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:11 AM   #18

I didn't start off with this one as a possible entrant in this month's challenge, and I still may change it, but as I was editing this shot for another reason, I kept being drawn back to the depth of the two round eyes

Photo removed for later

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 7:43 AM   #19

I thought it was interesting, too, Harriet. When I ran it through IrfanView I never expected to even see anything.

Good luck with your photo essay. It sounds like fun. The local beach is having a sand castle display all week. I'll probably head over at some time this week to see what's there.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:42 AM   #20

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
A little out of the ordinary. I will probably change this before month end. But, was going through some shots from last weekend and had this one that fit the bill.

I was trying to photograph these big round puffy flowers (alium, I think they're called) and kept getting what seemed like black photos. Processing through PSE6, this is what I get.

Patty

interesting indeed Patty,
what does it look like in real life?:lol: