Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:58 PM   #1

Hi,

I was out shooting the other day when it was not raining and playing with my 18-55mm Pentax to see how bad it was. For a kit lens (model 1) then they are giving away a pretty darn good lens for pennies...

Rudy
Attached Images

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:59 PM   #2

Hi,

Here is another.

Rudy
Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:00 PM   #3

Hi,

One more.

Rudy
Attached Images

Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:54 PM   #4

Rudy

Very Nice Shots. I had not used my Kit lense, since day2 of owning My DS. Two week ago i attended a classic Car show. As i loaded my case that morning, I decided that i was going to give the kit lense a try. To tell you the truth, i was impressed with the results. Not bad for a Stock lense

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:46 PM   #5

Nice shots Rudy. I agree, the kit lens is pretty good. I was going to buy a Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0 and sell the kit lens. Although the Sigma is a better lens, after trying the Sigma at a local shop, I couldn't justify paying over $300 for one to get maybe $60 for selling the used kit lens.

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:25 PM   #6

Hi,

Thank You, I have been impressd with my istD since the day they came out. the only trouble then was that they were too darn expensive for me at the time. The kit lens for the D was the 18-35mm not the 18-55mm. Try to get one of them at the same price as the 18-55mm is hard to do.

If this Version of the 18-55mm is this good then the new Version should be even better....

Having come from Canon, I am still impressed with the natural look that this camera and lenses produce. Another camera that does not get the reconition that it deserves is the DSLRs made by Kodak. They were way ahead of their time. I see alot of their features in the new Canons and Nikons...

Rudy
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:29 PM   #7

Hi Phil & Tom,

The 17-70mm Sigma is a nice lens, But I think that the 18-50mm EX f2.8 would be a better purchase.

For Car Shows, I use my 28-70mm Pentax f4 or my Sigma 28-200mm with polarizers.

Rudy
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:06 AM   #8

Quote:
If this Version of the 18-55mm is this good then the new Version should be even better....
Nice shots, I hope your right, most reviewers agree, I'll be getting mine soon I hope.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 4:31 AM   #9

Hi Rudy, I was impressed with the kit lens right from day onewith my K100D, and I was more than pleasantly surprised at it's macro performance when I added dioptres to it which the only means I had at that time of shooting macro. That's the way I did it with a P&S. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:09 AM   #10

Very nice pictures, Rudy - looks like a lovely, cool spot. Someplace I'd enjoy visiting about now (its starting to warm up again).

I've always liked my kit lens, too. I got it with a DS and have kept it when I sold the camera. It's still the only lens I use between 24 and 50mm (I have an M zoom that's horrible compared to the kit lens).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote