Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:07 PM   #11

Distance notwithstanding, this is great documentation of what is probably the courtship display You did well, and I thank you for posting them.

Photoessays are great to see, however, IMO 45 images are way too manyfor one singlepage, especially for older and/or slowercomputers or those poor folks still on dial-up (I actually know of several). People who have multiple images have broken them into two or more threads (Part I, Part II, etc)- I had one that I think went to 5 parts before I was finished (but that was an evolving story) and others that went to 2 or 3. These load faster, and won't lock up an overstressed or graphically challenged computer. Something to think about. :idea:

Most of your images are 572 pixels wide, but a couple are 917, which adds to the space taken up by the whole thread. It would help if you downsized thosewide inagesto match the others; that should also alleviate the necessity of scrolling to read text.

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:18 PM   #12

Great Series, (meaning wonderfull and large series)

I always find it amazing that birds I only know from the Zoo just live between people in other places.

Ronny

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:46 PM   #13

jimandsue60 wrote:
Quote:
Here is what the babies look like. I took this photo June of 2007 at Steamboat Lake in Colorado.

Jim

Wow Jim, snow in June! now you know why I live in Florida.:blah:
I had no Idea they would have their young in such cold climate.
:shock:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:59 PM   #14

penolta wrote:
Quote:
snip

Photoessays are great to see, however, IMO 45 images are way too manyfor one singlepage, especially for older and/or slowercomputers or those poor folks still on dial-up (I actually know of several). People who have multiple images have broken them into two or more threads (Part I, Part II, etc)- I had one that I think went to 5 parts before I was finished (but that was an evolving story) and others that went to 2 or 3. These load faster, and won't lock up an overstressed or graphically challenged computer. Something to think about. :idea:

Most of your images are 572 pixels wide, but a couple are 917, which adds to the space taken up by the whole thread. It would help if you downsized thosewide inagesto match the others; that should also alleviate the necessity of scrolling to read text.
hey Penolta,
yes you are absolutely right!!! I'm still learning how to post in this forum.:angry: now that I see how it's done, I'll re-do it asap.
as for the pics being so large, I'm not sure what happened. I used "IrfanView" and ran em all through a batch resize prosses all at the same time... go figure. anyway I'll get them fixed too.
BTW, I want to thank you for your kind and diplomatic way of letting me know I really messed up! :-)
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote