Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:53 AM   #1

Most of my time sitting, waiting for feathered subjects to present themself has been wasted the last few days. It seems others have discovered how much fun it is to sit outside and watch the birds. The two dogs have long been my companions, but this week, Plato has joied the fun.

He's not real patient, however, and has been known to try to speed things up a bit

The crows around here are very hard to shoot...quite wily, and aware of staying outside the range of human attention. I caught these through my front door, and got a couple of shots, but the best shot is the one I missed....when the Labrador came around the corner and saw all of these HUGE birds in HER yard....

However, the real bird excitement in our yard the last few days has come at the corner of our porch, where a brood of Eastern Phoebes is now overcrowding the nest. Today, I kept expecting them to take their first flight....but they just weren't ready

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2008, 6:39 AM   #2

The last one is so cute. And, your kittie is beautiful. Makes me miss mine I just lost i September. She was a sweetie.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 2:07 PM   #3

Plato would rather discourage birding! I love the pictureof him in the tree. And babies are cute, no matter what species so I really like the last one, too. Well done!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:15 PM   #4

At least plato is a nice replacement for the birds. Only don't think he will help getting some pictures. Great series.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 4:18 PM   #5

An update.....24 hours later and the phoebes have flown the nest. We went out for a couple of errands. When we returned, they were gone. Great news for us....that many more phoebes around the yard catching mosquitos and other insects.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote