Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 19, 2008, 4:38 AM   #1

Bye for a while. In a fewminutes I'll drive to the station to get on the train to Copenhagen Airport. From there to the long awaited South Africa holiday with my family. We'll start off in Hluhluwe Game Reserve, and then we'll drive 2700 km through the country to go home from Cape Town on July 10.

I've packed my K20D, A*200 mm, F70–210 mm, FA 50 mm, DA 16-45 and the old trusty M 100 mm Macro. Also a 2X Converter and the AF Adapter 1.7X. I tried to stack them on my 200 mm, and it actually works! So with that I've also got a slow 680 mm. Hope the sun shines really nice all the time. In the last second I also decided I need a monopod for that combo, so I bought a Manfrotto with a tilt head. If I had had more time to search I might have gotten away cheaper, but this one will last at least as long as myself.

It's a bit sad to jump the monthly challenge. Since I haven't seen all the contributions yet, I can't vote, but in case of equal voting you can put half a vote for Harriet (Mtngal) from me. Just love that shot!

Take care now everyone, it's a jungle in here!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2008, 4:55 AM   #2

Kjell
You and your family have a great trip. Make lots of photographs as we will be looking forward to seeing them when you return. I'll be looking for advice also, as my wife and I will be traveling to Zambia in November.

And may God grant you alla safe journey.

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 5:00 AM   #3

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Bye for a while. In a few*minutes I'll drive to the station to get on the train to Copenhagen Airport. From there to the long awaited South Africa holiday with my family. We'll start off in Hluhluwe Game Reserve, and then we'll drive 2700 km through the country to go home from Cape Town on July 10.

I've packed my K20D, A*200 mm, F70–210 mm, FA 50 mm, DA 16-45 and the old trusty M 100 mm Macro. Also a 2X Converter and the AF Adapter 1.7X. I tried to stack them on my 200 mm, and it actually works! So with that I've also got a slow 680 mm. Hope the sun shines really nice all the time. In the last second I also decided I need a monopod for that combo, so I bought a Manfrotto with a tilt head. If I had had more time to search I might have gotten away cheaper, but this one will last at least as long as myself.

It's a bit sad to jump the monthly challenge. Since I haven't seen all the contributions yet, I can't vote, but in case of equal voting you can put half a vote for Harriet (Mtngal) from me. Just love that shot!

Take care now everyone, it's a jungle in here!

Kjell
Kjell,

You sure will be missed. But knowing that you will bring to us a lot of images back , it is ok.
A mono is more practicable in most cases more manageable than a tripod.
You have a jungle there? Wait until you are in SA - a destination that I can only lust as for now.
You have safe and great trip

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:34 AM   #4

I know you won't see this until you return. But, I'm sending wishes your way for you and your family to have a wonderful, safe trip. And, looking forward to some wonderful photos of your trip when you return.

Safe travels!

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:08 AM   #5

I, too, know that you'll see this on your return, but know that my thoughts will go with you. I'll be here waiting patiently for your pictures. Thanks for the half vote on my staircase picture.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:11 AM   #6

Enjoy your trip and bring back lots of pictures. School here doesn't end until the 27th so I won't be joining you:lol:

Have fun

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 2:42 PM   #7

Enjoy your trip Kjell, hope you get some good use out of that camera! :bye:

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 5:04 PM   #8

Hi Kjell,

Safe Flights and have fun!!! See you soon when you return.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:59 PM   #9

Have a safe trip. Kjell!

Take lotsa pictures.

Dennis
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 2:00 PM   #10
TDN

Have a nice holiday Kjell, we expect a full photographic report when you get back

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote