Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 22, 2008, 3:02 PM   #1

#1 Dianthus - Perennial Variety, there are also annual varieties.

#2. Centaurea montana blue, or more commonly called mountain blue

#3. Fever Few

#4. Fern

#5. Sun Drop Primrose

#6. Petunia

#7 Verbena - annual variety.

#8 Yarrow.

Thanks for looking.

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:34 PM   #2

Thankyou for sharing!
you have a lovely garden.
what is #1 called? don't think I've had the pleasure of seeing that one before. is #7 a Golden dew drop? looks like the blooms on mine only, mine aren't doing too well this year because of the drout.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:07 PM   #3

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Thankyou for sharing!
what is #1 called? don't think I've had the pleasure of seeing that one before. is #7 a Golden dew drop? looks like the blooms on mine only, mine aren't doing too well this year because of the drout.
Thanks Goldwinger. I edited my original post with the names as best I know them. #1 is perennial Dianthus, we also have some annual varieties of Dianthus in our garden. I'm not familiar with Golden Dew drops, we refer to #5 as Sun Drops. #7 is annual Verbena which comes in a variety of colors.

We had the start of a dry spring, but the last few weeks have been very wet. We had a hail storm earlies this week with golf ball sized ice. Any thing with large leaves got shredded. My Cana Lillies looked like the got mowed down with a machine gun.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:21 PM   #4

What a wonderful garden, beautiful colours, well taken.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:21 PM   #5

What a great garden! Love your fern and the first one, but all of them are really nice.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:20 PM   #6

a200user wrote:
Quote:
Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Thankyou for sharing!
Thanks Goldwinger. I edited my original post with the names as best I know them. #1 is perennial Dianthus, we also have some annual varieties of Dianthus in our garden. I'm not familiar with Golden Dew drops, we refer to #5 as Sun Drops. #7 is annual Verbena which comes in a variety of colors.

We had the start of a dry spring, but the last few weeks have been very wet. We had a hail storm earlies this week with golf ball sized ice. Any thing with large leaves got shredded. My Cana Lillies looked like the got mowed down with a machine gun.
whoa. sorry to hear about the hail! that stuff can wreak havoc on a lot of stuff.
i wanted to say thanks for the labels. I wish everyone would identify their photos so us less educated souls know what we're looking at.:lol::blah:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:35 PM   #7

Thanks for labeling them but I know I'll promptly forget them....All I know's is they are purty flowers!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:50 PM   #8

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for labeling them but I know I'll promptly forget them....All I know's is they are purty flowers!
I don't remember what they are either, I have to refer to the little plastic labels that come with them from the nursery. My wife sticks them in the ground next to where she plants them.

Thanks all for looking.