Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:48 AM   #11

Hi Goldwinger.

the saying goes,

" it's an ill wind that blows no good!"

quit the old go with the new!

may the force be with you :-)

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:08 PM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I didn't realize it would cost $160 for them to evaluate it. Does that go toward the repair if you have it repaired, or is that in addition to whatever it costs to repair it? If it's in addition to, then perhaps just getting the K20 would be a better solution, especially if you think you want to upgrade. And there's the rebate still going on...

How much do you want a repaired camera, vs. a beautiful, new, upgraded camera? How's the budget right now?
All right you two. (Harriet & Simon) As my mother use to say, quote. "Get thee behind me Satan!" or in other words, go away and quit tempting me.:lol:
To be honest, it's just not in the budget right now. But, come tax return time…
Harriet, I'm not 100% sure on the charges. I was speaking to a lady with a strong Asian accent that spoke so rapidly I had to keep asking her to repeat what she was saying, and I still couldn't make out what she said. :-D From what I gathered, $160 is the minimum charge when you send it to them for non warranty covered repairs. It could be a flat fee, I'm just not sure.:-? I figured, I got to have it fixed regardless if I want to keep taking pictures.:-)

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:50 PM   #13

Hi GW,

You know with the prices of the K10D now that $160.00 is a good chunk of getting another one. You can either sell the old one one eBay for parts or have it MOUNTED LIKE A FISH to hang on your wall to remind you tomake sure your eqiupment is secure.... :idea:

Myself, I would go with another K10D and not get the K20D yet. Too new of a model. I would wait till just before a newer version comes out. by then you would have all of the latest updates and fixes on it...

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 5:45 PM   #14

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi GW,

You know with the prices of the K10D now that $160.00 is a good chunk of getting another one. You can either sell the old one one eBay for parts or have it MOUNTED LIKE A FISH to hang on your wall to remind you tomake sure your eqiupment is secure.... :idea:

Rudy
yeah Rudy, :lol: While I'm at it, I might as well mount it along with the useless $400 – 100-500mm lens I have to remind me to do better research before I buy another one!
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:46 PM   #15

If it's a minimum fee for repair then it's not so bad. Even if it costs more than that to repair it could still be worth it. Good luck with it (and I won't say another word about the K20, I sure know about the lack of funds. By the way, my other half had a solution to your problem - he suggested selling the bike to buy the camera. He just doesn't understand, does he? I used to own a small Honda 250, lots of fun.

P.S. His second comment, after I told him that your bike was a Goldwing was "I'll help him out - I'll buy his bike." Maybe he does understand!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:28 AM   #16

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
If it's a minimum fee for repair then it's not so bad. Even if it costs more than that to repair it could still be worth it. Good luck with it (and I won't say another word about the K20, I sure know about the lack of funds. By the way, my other half had a solution to your problem - he suggested selling the bike to buy the camera. He just doesn't understand, does he? I used to own a small Honda 250, lots of fun.

P.S. His second comment, after I told him that your bike was a Goldwing was "I'll help him out - I'll buy his bike." Maybe he does understand!
ha ha- yeah he understands!