Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 25, 2008, 7:50 PM   #1

Didn't realize it at first but, I guess I did more damage than I thought when I dropped my camera.
In auto, P, Sv, Tv, Av, TAv mode settings it stays in AV mode with a fixed f:3.5 and won't let me make any e-dial adjustments except iso. In manual mode I can adjust shutter speed only. In B, X, and user mode, no e-dial adjustment. Sooo. I guess it's back to Pentax time!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:28 PM   #2

I'm sorry to hear all that my friend!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:48 PM   #3

Sorry to hear that, damaging one of my cameras is one of my constant worries when I am out with it. Goldwinger, you are in Winter Haven? That is only an hour or so up the road from me.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 2:29 AM   #4

So sorry, hope it gets fixed soon.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:11 AM   #5

Arrrr! Hope it gets fixed soon!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 2:51 PM   #6

Hi,

Sorry to hear there was more damage to your camera than you first thought. But look at the bright side, IT is nice out and you can take some nice rides in the meantime....:G

Also you can REALLY get to know your Flash.... LOL... I just about got my bike back together. Just two more things to do and I will be out on the road terrorizing those Harley riders sitting on the side of the road broke down...... LOL!!!!!

Rudy

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 7:54 PM   #7

Well gang,
Thanks for the kind remarks. you know… it may sound corny but, it feels better knowing that you guys care and understand how it feels. Anyway I just got off the phone with service, it's $160 to send it for them to look at it. Then if it's going to be more they will let me know… sure wish I was putting that much towards a new K 20 instead of repairing the 10!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:02 PM   #8

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear that, damaging one of my cameras is one of my constant worries when I am out with it. Goldwinger, you are in Winter Haven? That is only an hour or so up the road from me.

Tim
Hey Tim,:bye:
Yeah, I know that town, on 27 just south of Sebring a bit. We'll have to get together some time and swap stories!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:08 PM   #9

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Sorry to hear there was more damage to your camera than you first thought. But look at the bright side, IT is nice out and you can take some nice rides in the meantime....:G

Also you can REALLY get to know your Flash.... LOL... I just about got my bike back together. Just two more things to do and I will be out on the road terrorizing those Harley riders sitting on the side of the road broke down...... LOL!!!!!

Rudy

Rudy, you crack me up. Like the saying goes, I ride too hard too fast too often to ride a Harley!

Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:46 PM   #10

I didn't realize it would cost $160 for them to evaluate it. Does that go toward the repair if you have it repaired, or is that in addition to whatever it costs to repair it? If it's in addition to, then perhaps just getting the K20 would be a better solution, especially if you think you want to upgrade. And there's the rebate still going on...

How much do you want a repaired camera, vs. a beautiful, new, upgraded camera? How's the budget right now?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote