Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:08 PM   #11

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Ever thought that loaning him your K10 might be dangerous - like you'll never get it back? Or is that the plan, so you'll have an excuse to buy a K20?
He is afraid of me so I would get it back. I only wanted him to drop it so I could get a new K30D.....Heck with the 20!!!! But I'm glad he didn't as the Bigma was attached!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:09 PM   #12

Robert Barnett wrote:
Quote:
I have to say those darkish clouds in the back with the brightly colored planes and their brighter smoke trails are quite striking. Nice job to who ever took them.

Robert
He says thanks Robert.

Dawg
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:10 PM   #13

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Ever thought that loaning him your K10 might be dangerous - like you'll never get it back? Or is that the plan, so you'll have an excuse to buy a K20?
well... he said he was sneaky
nice pics Dawg
Yes I is!!!LOL:evil::evil:
Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:27 AM   #14

Dawg, it seems like I remember hearing once that a daughter that has been raised well by her father often compliments her father by marrying someone that reflects her father. I'd say that you must have done a good job...just don't go telling the missus, just relish in the fact that you have a talented son in law!

He did good!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 5:30 PM   #15

You are a good Father-in-Law to risk being outshowm with your own equipment by that young upstart this way! Bad for your image!aranoid: Good for his. . . . :twisted:

Impresive images.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:21 PM   #16

Nicely exposed, he did very well for his first time behind the camera. I would like to say that I think ya'll conspiracy theorists have dawg pegged all wrong. He isn't the type of man to scheme for a new camera! No, his scheme is to get his son in law hooked on Pentax and LBA and borrow his lenses! :-)

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:12 PM   #17

I'm impressed.

I thought fast panning with the Bigma would be rather difficult due to the weight of the lens.

Looks tempting after all !!!!

Ian Mc
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 1:17 AM   #18

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, it seems like I remember hearing once that a daughter that has been raised well by her father often compliments her father by marrying someone that reflects her father. I'd say that you must have done a good job...just don't go telling the missus, just relish in the fact that you have a talented son in law!

He did good!
I agree 100% he did do well!

Dawg
Old Jul 8, 2008, 1:22 AM   #19

penolta wrote:
Quote:
You are a good Father-in-Law to risk being outshowm with your own equipment by that young upstart this way! Bad for your image!aranoid: Good for his. . . . :twisted:

Impresive images.
If he did well. I'm just proud of him...My ego is never in these things. Some pride in my ability but I'm always aware there are many more out there that I cannot even touch the hem of their garment. Instead of feeling inadequate I rather feel inspired by someone better than me! A whole lot of you guys fit this bill! LOL:lol::lol:

Dawg

Old Jul 8, 2008, 1:24 AM   #20

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Nicely exposed, he did very well for his first time behind the camera. I would like to say that I think ya'll conspiracy theorists have dawg pegged all wrong. He isn't the type of man to scheme for a new camera! No, his scheme is to get his son in law hooked on Pentax and LBA and borrow his lenses! :-)

Tim
OOOOH!! If that would only happen! Right now I have to beat him away from my tools and lawn mower! I'm afraid the LBA won't happen for many years yet!

Dawg