Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:27 AM   #21

Ian Mc wrote:
Quote:
I'm impressed.

I thought fast panning with the Bigma would be rather difficult due to the weight of the lens.

Looks tempting after all !!!!

Ian Mc
Ian, He is a big guy like me and the Bigma is not that heavy to us. I'm 6'2" and around 280. He is 6'2" and around 270. The bigma is really not that heavy to use to me. I've quite often shot the K10D and the bigma with one hand while sipping a beer. Pretty steady shots too.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:53 AM   #22

Why did you do this to me? I just bought the new 55-300 instead of the Bigma. The Dayton Air Show should be it's first real test in a few weeks.

Seriously though, nice shots.
sgarthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:41 PM   #23

sgarthee wrote:
Quote:
Why did you do this to me? I just bought the new 55-300 instead of the Bigma. The Dayton Air Show should be it's first real test in a few weeks.

Seriously though, nice shots.
The 300mm should be fine as he shot most of his at 160-250mm! Any more zoom and you begin to lose the perspective! Also at above 500mm the panning begins to be difficult!

Dawg
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:16 AM   #24

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
The 300mm should be fine as he shot most of his at 160-250mm! Any more zoom and you begin to lose the perspective! Also at above 500mm the panning begins to be difficult!

Dawg

Your right but when that Raptor/F18/F16 does a tight turn 1/2 mile out and you have the perfect angle and lighting for the vapor on the wings, I really wish my lens would twist on out to 400mm. However, one of the best aviation photogs out there never goes above 200mm.

Someday I am going to find a less expensive copy of the 135-400 and test my theory.

Again, tell him "He did good" on his shots. I am reallysuprised that he got them with AWB.

sgarthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:27 AM   #25

He did a great job Dawg! Exposures are excellent. You might want to hide your Bigma and k10d now.... you might be back shooting with your kodak if you let you son in law use the Pentax too much....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:23 PM   #26

HELLODAWG!

Long time no........................

July 27 it will be one year since I slipped at home and fractured my knee cap and tore a tendon. Had 2 surguries, a bought with Mersa and 2 other infections. Been either in a hospital or nursing/rehab as a inpationt for therapy. Weened myself off wheelchair with oxygen tank on back. Sold my folks house without a agent. Bought a coop with my 1/2 of the sale. Going to rehab 3 times a week. Walking about with a cane (a little like Walter Brennan and Frankenstien). My Kodaks are in dry dock and I am addicted to my little Panasonic with its 10x optical vario-elmerit leica lens. I put in my retirement from the VA hospital but since I had my accident I turned it into a disability retirement.

If not for bad luck I would not have any luck. So how are you :?

BiLL
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:39 AM   #27

Great work from both of you
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 8:56 AM   #28

Great to hear from you Bill...I just PM'd you .

Dawg
Old Jul 14, 2008, 8:58 AM   #29

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
Great work from both of you
James says thanks and I say AWWW!
Shucks!

Dawg