Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:21 PM   #1

They say confession is good for the soul so let me start gaining that good soul right this minute. The air show photos I'm posting here are not photos I myself shot.......What???? Hear me out....There is reason to my madness here. The other day as I was working on my deck at the back of my house, my labor was interupted by my Son-in-law James driving up and hollering for me. He has for the past year been in possession of my DX6490 and he told me that he and my two grandsons were going to an air show in Huntsville and he wanted to borrow the TCON-17 for the DX. I told him that as far as I knew he had it at his house. He said that he had hunted high and low and couldn't find it at his house and would I look for it in my computer room. So we go inside to the computer room and look. No TCON-17 to be found!! So I tell him..Why don't you take my K10D and the Sigma 50-500mm lens with you? His eyes got real big....I don't know how to use that he says....I tell him that I can tell him all he needs to know in 2 minutes....And without further ado I start telling him how to use the camera. Less than two minutes later he is off to the air show and you have now seen some of his results....Everyone that liked them raise your hands>>>>>>>. Ahh lots of hands I see. I agree they are quite good. The lesson here dear friends is you do not need to be an expert or even to know lots about how to shoot photos before you pick up a DSLR and a high quality lens and go out and shoot very good photos. He did it and you can too. Just takes a very little of instruction (Which every camera maker includes with the camera) Before using a DSLR and getting good results. Oh yeah ...After he left I took the TCON-17 out of the file cabinet where I had hidden it.....Yes I'm sneaky!!! LOL

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:49 AM   #2

Well done son.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 3:51 AM   #3

wow,
background clouds are great.. never got a chance to shoot one like this. i guarantee that helped him a lot because if it was clear and sunny these would all be way over exposed. that's usually what you have to work out at the airshows.. it can be a real b!!! getting it controlded...

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:56 PM   #4

Not to shabby, especially for the first time, but then he's gotgood DNA! The clouds were perfect to get those shots. Great stuff.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:10 PM   #5

Ever thought that loaning him your K10 might be dangerous - like you'll never get it back? Or is that the plan, so you'll have an excuse to buy a K20?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:37 PM   #6

I have to say those darkish clouds in the back with the brightly colored planes and their brighter smoke trails are quite striking. Nice job to who ever took them.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:37 PM   #7

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Ever thought that loaning him your K10 might be dangerous - like you'll never get it back? Or is that the plan, so you'll have an excuse to buy a K20?
well... he said he was sneaky
nice pics Dawg
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 7:02 PM   #8

Rodney9 wrote:
Quote:
Well done son.
He says thanks Rodney!

Dawg
Old Jul 3, 2008, 7:04 PM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
wow,
background clouds are great.. never got a chance to shoot one like this. i guarantee that helped him a lot because if it was clear and sunny these would all be way over exposed. that's usually what you have to work out at the airshows.. it can be a real b!!! getting it controlded...

roy
I agree 100% Roy. The weather was with him here.

Dawg
Old Jul 3, 2008, 7:05 PM   #10

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
Not to shabby, especially for the first time, but then he's gotgood DNA! The clouds were perfect to get those shots. Great stuff.

Glenn
My Son-in-law Glenn not my son but he does have good DNA. His dad was a NASA engineer.

Dawg