Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:07 AM   #1

Just tried Artizen HDR trial software. Intersting. Then thought, why not get a little more agressive in PSE to replicate effects and surprised myself. Still a lot to learn with both lots of software. Attached photo taken late afternoon over the Canning River with K20D, Bigma @83mm FL, ISO 100, F9.5 and 1/250sec. Original was bland. PSE processed almost interesting.
Attached Images

beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:55 AM   #2

I have not played with hdr yet myself and I also have a lot to learn doing photo editing (I am using PSP X2). Hopefully you don't mind, but I took a stab at boosting the contrast using curves. Any photo fine tuning is highly subjective, but to my eye my only suggestion would be a bit more contrast.

Tim
Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:39 PM   #3

Hi Tim

Yeh, that looks better being brighter, but some of clouds blown out. I did lots of versions and as you say its subjective. Optimal is probably somewhere in between or using techniques to preserve a bit more detail in clouds and have the lower part of the image brighter as you have done.

thanks

bb2
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote