Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 12, 2008, 2:57 PM   #11

eh????????????

ron, welcome back

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 3:50 PM   #12

Hi Don, welcome back, although I have been enjoying your photography on the Wildlife Forum all along.

Sorry to hear about your Canon gear going on sale because of money issues, but then Pentax does a nice job with their images other than the faster AF of your Canon MarkIII.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:44 PM   #13

Well, it's a heck of a way to get you back to Pentax, but all is not lost-- obviously you are not an insect photographer sincethere are no flies on these pictures! :roll:
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:57 PM   #14

Okay, now you're really making me feel bad. I have the K100 and both those lenses and can't get these kinds of shots. I'm pretty sure it's not me, though, as I took some earlier today using the tripod, 2 second timer and IR off. So, I think I can still hold a camera steady. The verdict's still out, though.

Anyway, these are great images. Welcome back and hope to see more from you. Sorry to hear of the possible strikes. I know the feeling with having been through myself and my husband being out of work for long stretches since we moved to New England. It ain't fun!

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 2:06 AM   #15

Thanks Rog...er...Roy, Tom, penolta and Patty. Nice to be back. I always found the Pentax forum to be the friendliest and one of the most enthusiastic around. Kind of like the Panasonic forum is. A fun place for discussions.

Patty, all I can really recommend is to work on the composition, and manage the light. Maybe try shooting RAW too. The rest will fall into place I believe...cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:33 AM   #16

I'll join in with my "welcome back." You certainly came back with a splash of great pix!I still don't think the brand name makes much of a difference in 95% of the pictures.Heck, you can take great shots with a P&S.
I hope either the strike doesn't happen or if it does it won't last too long.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:35 AM   #17

Awesome photos! I too have the K100d and Da50-200mm. It is a nice lens, and I know it takes nice photos, for me if I can get close enogh to the subject and it doesn't move or get scared off.

How close were you to the deer in the second shot and to the blue swallow? I've tried eveything including playing mp3 bird call recrodings tobring song birds inclose enough, but haven't been successful.

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:48 AM   #18

a200user wrote:
Quote:
Awesome photos! I too have the K100d and Da50-200mm. It is a nice lens, and I know it takes nice photos, for me if I can get close enogh to the subject and it doesn't move or get scared off.

How close were you to the deer in the second shot and to the blue swallow? I've tried eveything including playing mp3 bird call recrodings tobring song birds inclose enough, but haven't been successful.

Jim
Thanks Jim. I was pretty close to the deer. About 20' I'd guess. They're pretty used to people at the wildlife sanctuary I frequent. The swallow landed on a rail I would say about 8-10' away. It was quite a calm little fellow. I find swallows aren't too skittish around here. They'll sit and check you out as long as you're not threatening...cheers...Don
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:01 AM   #19

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
I'll join in with my "welcome back." You certainly came back with a splash of great pix!I still don't think the brand name makes much of a difference in 95% of the pictures.Heck, you can take great shots with a P&S.
I hope either the strike doesn't happen or if it does it won't last too long.

Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I agree with you there. Brand names aren't the key, that's for sure. The camera is just a tool. Like I mentioned earlier, the C is more designed for wildlife and action, but their IQ is no better IMOP. Ergonomically, my old departed k10d ran circles around the 30d I started with when I switched to C. The Mark III is another beast entirely. It's a great camera, but what a beast! And so expensive! Pleasure to use though, I have to admit. Just wish it was about $2000 cheaper. Can't have it all, or in my case, any of it. Lol.......cheers...Don
Old Jul 13, 2008, 2:03 PM   #20

Very nice shots, I can see you have not forgotten where any of the buttons are!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote