Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:54 PM   #1

After an absence of quite a few months, I've made my way back to Pentax. Sold all my expensive C gear due to impending doom of financial problems - I've been advised we will be on strike shortly, and no telling when it will end - so bought a used k100d with an 18-55 and a 50-200 lens, batteries, charger, and a bunch of extras for $400 - one heck of a deal!! It's not a Mark III, but it still takes great pictures. Hope you guys will have me back.

All these shots were with the k100d and the 50-200DA lens, which I still think is one of the best bang for you buck lenses made. Can't believe you can buy one new for $150!!! ........cheers....Don

Black Tail Deer

A young Black Tail Buck

..some kind of wild flower...

...a bee heading in for pollen. Full crop

..another flower...

....rowers at a local lake

a posing swallow

a songbird singing away...

a nice pose

another flower..not sure what this one is...

a young male Wood Duck. Has female like body at the moment, but the red eye is a male mark the female doesn't have...

flower

baby Wood Ducks

cute little Woodie hiding in the lilies...

and one more flower...

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:12 PM   #2

Welcome back! Wondered where you wandered off to, now I know. As usual, your pictures are first-rate.

I don't envy you your strike situation - it's scary to think of being off for possibly an extended period of time. Hard to deal with all the way around. The silver lining might be that you'll have a chance to use the Pentax and practice photo-journalism while you're on the picket line, right?

And while I think your lilies are very pretty, the baby wood ducks are really precious.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:38 PM   #3

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Welcome back! Wondered where you wandered off to, now I know. As usual, your pictures are first-rate.

I don't envy you your strike situation - it's scary to think of being off for possibly an extended period of time. Hard to deal with all the way around. The silver lining might be that you'll have a chance to use the Pentax and practice photo-journalism while you're on the picket line, right?

And while I think your lilies are very pretty, the baby wood ducks are really precious.
Thanks mtngal. I will have a chance to use the Pentax now. It's all I've got. Don't know about photo journalist stuff. Could be interesting though...I really never thought it would come to this (striking), but as the insurance ad says...Life comes at you fast....

Woodies are my favorite water fowl. Ma Nature showed all her creativity when she made these beautiful little guys and gals......cheers...Don
Old Jul 12, 2008, 1:17 AM   #4

Don? Do we know a Don? Isn't he the one who wandered astray to the camp of the evil Canons? Talking of getting the big "C" tattooed one each arm? Just kidding...and a little jealous of your ability to get those kinds of photos. Hope the strike is short and the contract a good one. And a Big WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 3:27 AM   #5

Excellent pictures.

Just goes to show that in the right hands, the humble Pentax can produce quality shots.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 4:38 AM   #6

Hi thekman620,

your very welcome to back, as long as you've had your shots and your not C ontagious.

:lol:

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 5:46 AM   #7

Great series, welcome back.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 7:09 AM   #8

I hate the circumstances that force you back to Pentax but am glad to have you back. My son has gone through a couple of these impending strike periods, so I understand very well the pressures.

There is one thing, though, that bothers me. When you took so much better pictures than I before, I could blame it on the equipment. Now you're back with Pentax, and your shots are still better than mine! Hmmm...what could that mean? :idea:

Beautiful series of shots, Don. I really like the swallow. I've never been able to get close enough to one of these guys to have anything near that level of quality.

Welcome back,

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:42 AM   #9

Thanks very much everyone. It was hard the first time to switch to the Big C, but action and wildlife...well, you know the story. I still like Pentax's IQ. Seems more natural to me. After using the k100d for a few days, it really does have great IQ. Only aspect I really miss is the speed, so I'll have to compensate.......cheers...Don
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:59 AM   #10

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Amen brother on the DA 50-200mm. Have had some great success with it myself recently. All of you images are top notch and is a tremendous endorsement to this great value of a lens.

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote