Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:45 PM   #1

Well, I had a brief chance to get a few shots before it started raining this afternoon. Didn't get a chance to give it a good work out but I could tell immediately this camera was taking better pics than the one I dropped and sent back for repairs. (they sent me a new one) this was taken with the cheap Phoenix 100-500mm lens I bought before I knew better. It's still soft but, much better than I was ever able to get with my first GX10. I can hardly wait to get a good lens!
Exposure time 1/90 F number 13 Exposure program Aperture priority ISO speed ratings 400 Exposure bias 0 Metering mode Spot Flash Flash off Lens focal length 35 Color space information Uncalibrated
Exposure mode Auto White balance Auto WB Focal length in 35 mm film 52 Scene capture type Standard Sharpness Normal

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:01 PM   #2

Beautiful shot! Congratulations on getting the camera back. Don't apologize too much for that Phoenix lens. I've taken some awfully good shots with mine, and you definitely got a keeper with this shot.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:30 PM   #3

Why thank you Paul,
I appreciate the kind words. I know you have one of the shorter Phoenix lenses and I hear they are better than this one. I noticed the color temp changed a little to the cool side after posting to the web, I may try warming it up a tad and re post it. Anyway I'm a lot happier with the results I got today than I have been, I might actually get some keepers now! I did touch it up a little in photo shop to de-fringe it as much as I could.:-)
Thanks again,
John
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:01 PM   #4

Very nice, John. Nice and crisp and sharp.

Now you've done it. I came here to check out what'd been going on ,as I've been under the weather all week, and to post some of my images I'm getting ready for the fairs. But, I just can't compete with you guys!

Hope you have better weather tomorrow to get some more great shots.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:18 PM   #5

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Very nice, John. Nice and crisp and sharp.

Now you've done it. I came here to check out what'd been going on ,as I've been under the weather all week, and to post some of my images I'm getting ready for the fairs. But, I just can't compete with you guys!

Hope you have better weather tomorrow to get some more great shots.

Patty
How sweet of you to say that Patty but, I've seen a lot of your pics and you have nothing to apologize for!:-?
Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly but, glad you're up and kickin now!
Tomorrow I have a ton of work to do if the weather holds but, I plan on getting reacquainted my cam if at all possible. :bye:

Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:19 AM   #6

Great shot, no matter what lens, you did well.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:45 AM   #7

That is a nice shot no matter what the lens!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:49 AM   #8

Great shot Goldwinger. I'm always impressed with someone that can get a sharp photowith a telephoto lens. I'm not sure what my problem is, but I'd have to have hip waders on andmy 50mm f1.4 to get that crisp a shot. Nice job!

And glad you're happy with your replacement gear.

Jim
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:00 AM   #9

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
How sweet of you to say that Patty but, I've seen a lot of your pics and you have nothing to apologize for!:-?
Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly but, glad you're up and kickin now!
Tomorrow I have a ton of work to do if the weather holds but, I plan on getting reacquainted my cam if at all possible. :bye:
Well, thanks, John. But, I just can't get the crisp shots that you're showing here. I'll go ahead and post my gallery. I'm leaving for the day anyway. Won't have to regret I did it until tonight :-)

The humid weather plays havoc on a lung condition I have. Hadn't bothered me like this in 13 years. Took me by surprise.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:09 AM   #10

I agree, great shot, no matter what lens you used. You must have been very close looking at the exif....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote