Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:54 PM   #1

For anyone interested, I was surprised to see Camera Electronics in Perth selling new (i thinK) *istDS bodies for AuD $299. Had at least 2. Someone on this or another forum was after one?
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:45 PM   #2

Gooddeal! I've always sort-of regretted selling my DS as it is lighter than the K100,has TTL instead ofPTTL,and isa joy to use. It soothes me to think that it has a good home and has taken some really awesome pictures with it's new owner. If I were in Australia, I might be tempted and then sell the K100 (keeping the K20 with the DS as back-up).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:09 AM   #3

Hi Harriet

I've kept my DS, and trying to encourage my wife to use it. K20 is very nice. Suspect we will take DS on hikes as it is so light.

cheers

bb2
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:48 AM   #4

I am now using a K10D and a DS. The K10D is with me when I set out to make it a photo session but the DS (with 35mm f2 attached) is with me almost constantly. It sits in a forrest green Lowepro TLZ Mini bag ready to go all the time. Mine has a very cheap Chinese split image screen (a cut down Minolta X700 piece) which, along with the pentaprism finder, makes it easy to focus manually. Admittedly the ultimate image quality of the K10D is better, but crank up the ISO on the DS, add the fast lens and get some great low light stuff.

I really like it, in fact I gave me very nice DL to my oldest son, the DS I keep.

Ira

*istDL (first dSLR, now my sons), *istDS (my "always there" camera), K100D Super (my wife Annette's), K10D with grip(a great "serious" camera but a little heavy for everyday use)
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:04 AM   #5

Still have my DS, reliable, light, TTL, Pentaprism and great high ISO performance. It is a great camera capable of outstanding images and did I say reliable?

That is a great buy for a new DS!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:38 AM   #6

I will never let go of my DS. It is definitely the best in low light, high iso camera I have and some of my best images have been taken with it.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:39 AM   #7

Sounds like a great bargain to me!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote