Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:12 AM   #1

Just a couple of images.

Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:12 AM   #2

And this
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 9:35 AM   #3

I like No. 2 Ira. Looks like a castle keep just before the siege begins!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:39 PM   #4

Both are wonderful! Until I looked at the second one, I thought the first one might have been a submarine sticking out of the fog, then realized what I was wrong when I saw the second one. I still like the first one better, it's more mysterious.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:46 PM   #5

I agree with Harriet, I like both of them but the first one is my favorite.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:36 PM   #6

At first I thought it was a submarine. Fencing around the top, people standing on deck..... Then, seeing the second one realized it wasn't. And, moving my head around so my glasses saw it clearer. Just got new progressive bifocals last week and am having a heck of a time adjusting to seeing out of them.

I like the first one better. The second one is almost confusing with the blue sky and the misty fog in one scene. Almost put together.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:53 PM   #7

Funny, I did not see a submarine until reading Harriet and Patty's posts and then I could not see how I did NOT see a submarine :-). I also like the first one better Ira.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:20 PM   #8

The only reason I saw the submarine was I've got some sonar shots of a sub that a relative of my husband's went down on in 1941. We were later given the opportunity to go out on a research vehicle for them to try to view the sub with a submersible camera. They were trying to see if they could determine why it sank. It was out on a test mission to possibly be used in WWII, but obviously didn't pass it's test. There is a documentary on the History Channel periodically about our adventure. You'll see me in it. But, I didn't say much as I was a little seasick out there.

It was very eerie and calming at the same time. Seeing the place where he is "buried" and knowing that he's out there somewhere, but seeing the sub surrounded by pollack and other fish and covered in 60+ years of sediment. We only went out one day, but the crew was out for I think it was three more days of research. They've sent me more video of what they found besides what we saw the first "discovery" day. It's quite interesting that they can find something after all these years.

Patty

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:59 AM   #9

Nice illusion, Ira. It takes a photographers eye to see the photo opon these occasions.

So what did I do when you were at the Signal Hill? As sure as the sun rises, I was - on the Signal Hill! It's a hilltop with aviewpointjust below the Lions Head peak in Cape Town. Unfortunately we came a bit late for photographic activities, but at least my wife took one to give evidence of the occasion. Heavily pp-ed.

Kjell

Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote