Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2008, 1:59 PM   #11

@penolta

thanks penolta
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 3:05 PM   #12

Hi Ronny,

Very impressive indeed! What a great capture! I was genuinely floored when I saw the pics before reading the text, and the use of software to "create" the DOF doesn't detract in the least from the impact of the image, IMO.

Now if I can get a camera that brackets exposure, composition, and focus automatically, and force my subjects to stand still, in the right light always, totally eliminate camera shake, and (of course) give me a super sharp constant f1 10-2000mm zoom for under $100 and weigh less than a pound. . .

. . . This photography stuff would be easy if the camera makers would only cooperate. . .:-):lol:

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 3:11 PM   #13

Wonderful shots Ronny.

Can we see your setup....

Dal

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:29 PM   #14

@snostorm

thanks Scott,

one of the first mistakes I made when starting with merging images to get a larger dof was overdoing it. You can get everything in focus, but that gives a flat looking image, where you don't get a feel of dept. So it's very easy to overdo.

ps I want that system, but also a pc that goes 1000 000 times faster, with no memory or storage problems what automatic processes, indexes and categorizes my images :?

[line]@Dal1970

thanks Dal, only don't think my setup is so impressive, just the camera on a tripod with a sigma 500dg on top + the lumiquest promax system what is a compatible with a medium sizes silver bouncecard.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 6:54 PM   #15

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
@snostorm

thanks Scott,

one of the first mistakes I made when starting with merging images to get a larger dof was overdoing it. You can get everything in focus, but that gives a flat looking image, where you don't get a feel of dept. So it's very easy to overdo.

ps I want that system, but also a pc that goes 1000 000 times faster, with no memory or storage problems what automatic processes, indexes and categorizes my images :?

[line]@Dal1970

thanks Dal, only don't think my setup is so impressive, just the camera on a tripod with a sigma 500dg on top + the lumiquest promax system what is a compatible with a medium sizes silver bouncecard.
May not be "flash" (excuse the pun) but your setup really works.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 6:54 PM   #16

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
snip"

Now if I can get a camera that brackets exposure, composition, and focus automatically, and force my subjects to stand still, in the right light always, totally eliminate camera shake, and (of course) give me a super sharp constant f1 10-2000mm zoom for under $100 and weigh less than a pound. . .

. . . This photography stuff would be easy if the camera makers would only cooperate. . .:-):lol:

Scott
Scott, you got me rolling on the floor! I thought I was the only one that need that kind of gear!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:41 PM   #17

Good shot, good to see people here are getting over their fear of spiders.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:16 AM   #18

Fantastic result from an interesting technique. Hope you post more of this kind.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:44 AM   #19

Very cool! Those old Kirons are the real McCoy!

Dennis
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:43 AM   #20

That is great, the extremely shallow DOF with Macro shots is always frustrating and this seems to have solved that issue at least to some extent.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote