Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:48 PM   #1

I'm going to Quebec City in two weeks. Might be the only time I ever go. Anything I shouldn't miss when we go?

Thanks, Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:43 AM   #2

Have a great time! The only time I was there was in winter and we didn't have a lot of time to wander around much. I can't remember now if it were in Quebec City or Montreal where they had the ice sculpture competition. That was great fun. It's a beautiful city, as I recall.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:35 PM   #3

well if you rent a car drive towards St.ann De Bopree ( check spelling on that ). Its abot 45 min if I remember. As you go you will pass waterfalls on the left side. Its a big park. The fall rival Niagra in hight! Just beautful. In Quebec spend some time in the old town. Very similar to european cities. And of course the chateau Fontanque ( again check spelling ) and the board walk right there that look out over the St. Lawrence seaway cant be missed. Have fun and we want some nice pics when you return. Also there is a island on the way to st.ann that was very counrty and rustic. nice for some photos and the town of st. ann had a great old church with full size statues of the stations of the cross spread out on a hillside. neat even if you are not catholic
enjoy
bob
BobTheNailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:57 PM   #4

Thanks Harriet and Bob. I've been so busy I'd forgotten I posted this.

Harriet - I believe the ice sculptures are only in Quebec. So, sounds like that's where you were. I have family in Montreal, so have been there quite a few times in the past 20 years. We just never went beyond that.

Bob - your places sound wonderful. They will all be added to my list of things to check out. We are driving up there. So, will have a car to get around.

Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre - it sounds beautiful from the AAA book. Is it a place for people with vertigo (that's me)? I certainly won't be crossing the river on any of the cable suspension bridges I'm reading about.:?

The second and third nights we will be staying in Old Quebec right by the hospital. The Chateau Frontenac was one of the places I'd already labeled to see. Sounds nice.

I'm still reading through the AAA book to figure out what I'd like to see. I'm going with three others that I believe have similar tastes tomine. We have decided we definitely want to take a ride in the horse drawn carriage. We've seen them in Montreal and New York and never taken them.

Is the island you are talking about Ile d'Orleans? The lady at AAA was telling me that was the one place she remembered from her trip 20+ years ago. She couldn't tell me of any other places except she remembered she loved the city.

Thanks again for the tips.

Patty
Old Aug 1, 2008, 2:03 AM   #5

Patty, I can't help you with things to see since I have never been there, but I am looking forward to some great shots upon your return. I remember your nighttime shot of your house with snow, so would be interested in some nighttime shots of the city!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:46 AM   #6

Thanks for the confidence, Glenn. I'm sure we'll be out at night and I love taking photos with all the lights. Not that they always come out. I usually forget to bring my tripod. Which reminds me, I really need to get a bag for it. Might remember to bring it more if I didn't have to just carry it.

Patty
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:24 AM   #7

Patty...Have a great time! I for one will be looking forward to some of those photos.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote