Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:15 AM   #11

It really is shame as it is a nice idea. But, just poorly executed.

Glad I could help,

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:45 PM   #12

Robert,
Yeah, too bad. Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the heads up, I hate wasting money!
Dawg, refresh my memory… isn't a hooka one of those funny looking glass bottles with tubes running through it that you burn incense in? or something like that:?:?:?
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:04 PM   #13

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, refresh my memory… isn't a hooka one of those funny looking glass bottles with tubes running through it that you burn incense in? or something like that:??:?
A hookah is a water pipe, originally designed for smoking opium or hashish but in many cultures now used for smoking tobacco. You are thinking of the right thing, they have at least one tube for smoking and can have many so that multiple people can smoke off the same bowl. The caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland smokes a hookah (apparently so did Lewis Carroll).

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 5:03 PM   #14

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, refresh my memory… isn't a hooka one of those funny looking glass bottles with tubes running through it that you burn incense in? or something like that:??:?
A hookah is a water pipe, originally designed for smoking opium or hashish but in many cultures now used for smoking tobacco. You are thinking of the right thing, they have at least one tube for smoking and can have many so that multiple people can smoke off the same bowl. The caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland smokes a hookah (apparently so did Lewis Carroll).

Tim
:lol: yeah, I knew that Tim, I was just giving Dawg a bad time. like I wouldn't have any reson to know what one was.:-) but, if you try to use that against me in court I'll denie it all!:blah:
GW

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds…

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 2:01 AM   #15

Won't the Armor cause a loss of impact force between the gator's head and the stick mounted camera? This could lead to loss of limb or life even if the camera were better able to survive the encounter. Your choice...Lose a leg or lose a camera! Man am I glad I don't have that choice to make....Well a few draws on the hookah and I may not care!! :-) :?

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 2:07 AM   #16

Yep............................................... .........................IIIIIII.................. .................................................. n-o-o

Lo-o-o-n-g-e-r.......................................c
a
r
e....
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote