Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 29, 2008, 5:10 PM   #1

[img]file:///F:/DOCUME%7E2/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/img]I was just wondering if this would be good insurance, considering my recent experience!:G
The Camera Armor for Pentax K10D (Black) is a rugged, custom fit skin made to protect a Pentax K10D digital SLR camera. All controls and access points are still accessible. A clear polycarbonate lens will protect the LCD, and an included Lens Armor will fit most lenses up to 85mm.
Key Features
• Custom fitted protection with rubberized comfort for ergonomic shooting
• All controls and access points are still accessible
LCD Shield is a crystal clear polycarbonate shield that covers the entire LCD of the camera and protects against cracks and scratches
• Includes Lens Armor, an elastomeric reversible hood which stretches over most lenses up to 85mm in diameter
• Corners and lenses protected by impact-resistant material
• Compatible with most tripods and accessories
• Includes Lens Cap Leash, an elastic leash which adheres to the lens cap and attaches to the Lens Armor
• Compatible with Pentax K10D digital SLR camera

$55.00usd.
what do think?
GW
Attached Images

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:54 PM   #2

Hi GW,

Looks very interesting -- and available in smoke, black, and camo. My worry is that it might add too much dimension for my small hands, and I'd worry a bit about the accessibility of the rotating switches -- I already have a little trouble with the AFS/AFC/MF switch on the K10 and k20, and use the E wheels so much that anything that might interfere with their use would not be good.

They are available from a Canadian ebay store for $39.95 + $5 shipping to the US, so it might be worth getting one to try -- and modifying it -- if needed.

If you decide to go this route, be sure to post your impressions.

Scott

BTW, they should consider CA dayglo Red and Green and PF Violet as alternate colors -- as a photography oriented fashion statement. . .:-)
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:52 PM   #3

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi GW,

Looks very interesting -- and available in smoke, black, and camo. My worry is that it might add too much dimension for my small hands, and I'd worry a bit about the accessibility of the rotating switches -- I already have a little trouble with the AFS/AFC/MF switch on the K10 and k20, and use the E wheels so much that anything that might interfere with their use would not be good.

They are available from a Canadian ebay store for $39.95 + $5 shipping to the US, so it might be worth getting one to try -- and modifying it -- if needed.

If you decide to go this route, be sure to post your impressions.

Scott

BTW, they should consider CA dayglo Red and Green and PF Violet as alternate colors -- as a photography oriented fashion statement. . .:-)
Scott... you're killing me here!:lol::lol::lol: hey, you didn't mention fushia!

I had the same question regarding controls. if I could get one for $45 I think I'd might try one. this one I saw is at B&H so mayby I can find one cheaper...
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:51 PM   #4

I think Paisley with a Hooka as an accessory.:blah:

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:32 AM   #5

Perriwinkle
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:14 AM   #6

Gold, for those who want to stand out from the crowd.

They look like they would be good for those who carry two cameras, too. I often have trouble with the lenses and cameras knocking each other if I'm not careful. Something like this would probably save scratches. Not that I've had much problem with this, the Phoenix lens was the only one that got damaged.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 7:38 PM   #7

Alright you guys… Don't make me come over there!:G

Harriet,
At least it was the Phoenix… not much to cry over.
Oh wait, did I say that out loud?:lol:

Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:34 AM   #8

Had one of these for my K10D and hated the thing. First it looks worse in person, but more importantly than that it didn't fit all that well. Some of the rubber that covers the buttons on the back of the camera were off by 1/8" to 1/4" making it hard to press the buttons. The ones that were positioned correctly just made pressing them harder, the dials and stuff come difficult to deal with, the lens covers is ugly and a joke at best.

I wouldn't touch one of these now if it was given to me.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:09 PM   #9

Robert Barnett wrote:
Quote:
Had one of these for my K10D and hated the thing. First it looks worse in person, but more importantly than that it didn't fit all that well. Some of the rubber that covers the buttons on the back of the camera were off by 1/8" to 1/4" making it hard to press the buttons. The ones that were positioned correctly just made pressing them harder, the dials and stuff come difficult to deal with, the lens covers is ugly and a joke at best.

Robert
OK Robert!
that's what I was wondering about. now I know not to waste my money. thank you.
GW
btw, your avatar crackes me up!:lol:
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:14 PM   #10

Goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
Robert Barnett wrote:
Quote:

Robert
OK Robert!
that's what I was wondering about. now I know not to waste my money. thank you.
GW
btw, your avatar crackes me up!:lol:
Then forget the paisley armor and just get the hookah.:G

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote