Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:09 AM   #11

Dawg - We'd allbeen rather enthusiastic about the Viv Series One lenses (including me, and rightly so) so I was only mentioning it because it sounds like it might NOT be one. We didn't mention that there are other Vivitars in this zoom range.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:06 AM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Dawg - We'd allbeen rather enthusiastic about the Viv Series One lenses (including me, and rightly so) so I was only mentioning it because it sounds like it might NOT be one. We didn't mention that there are other Vivitars in this zoom range.
You are very correct. There are is a whole host of very good non series one Vivitars out there. And please don't think I was trying to be critical of your reply. If it seemed that way then please forgive me as that was not my intent. I would be mortified were that the case. Again a sincere apolody if it is needed.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:19 AM   #13

Please - no need to apologize. I didn't take it as criticism at all - I just felt that my original post needed clarification, is all. Especially since I was one of the ones who was so enthusiastic about the thought of it being a Series One - what a great buy that would be!

maverick96 - you'll have to post some samples with which-ever of the lenses you get. I'm dying of curiousity to see just what that lens is...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 2:34 AM   #14

I definitely will! I will post some pics of the lens itself and then some photos to show the quality.
maverick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:18 AM   #15

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Please - no need to apologize. I didn't take it as criticism at all - I just felt that my original post needed clarification, is all. Especially since I was one of the ones who was so enthusiastic about the thought of it being a Series One - what a great buy that would be!

maverick96 - you'll have to post some samples with which-ever of the lenses you get. I'm dying of curiousity to see just what that lens is...
I'm sooo relieved to hear that Harriet. I too was just trying to clarify things. I sometimes hate text conversations as the facial expressions and body language keys are not there to get the true feeling for how someone is feeling when they talk. Just remember I always mean well and will only try to help in my Dawg's way. LOL

I too am curious to see the lens and some photo's with it as well as to see if the serial number is for a Perkin Elmer lens. I have in the last year or so become a Vivitar fan. I'm constantly looking for different ones on the internet. That prized group three lens still eludes me. SIGH!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:46 AM   #16

I might have missed it, but I did not see any mention that the Vivitar lens may be a screw mount, especially if it is an early Vivitar. For explanation Maverick96, Pentax's first SLR cameras used threaded lenses, first a threading called M39 and then a threading called M42. The M42 thread was also used by other camera manufacturers and those lenses are still commonly found on the used market. In 1975 Pentax introduced the K mount which, with additions for electronic metering and auto focus, is still in use today.

M42-Pentax K adaptors are available inexpensively but you will have to manually stop the lens down.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote