Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2008, 1:22 AM   #11

Harriet, you are right, itwas a train that you took up to the Jungfrau. It still runs and leaves from Grindelwald which is just up the valley from Interlaken. The shot of the Eiger was taken from Grindelwald's main street. If you would like to see some more pix from the trip (along with some other shots of Switzerland and Germany) you can go to http://picasaweb.google.com/glenn2shelia/July08

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:28 PM   #12

Hi Glenn,

Terrific shots! It's really nice to be able to see the world through the eyes (and lenses) of our forum members.

Keep these coming. The Alps and Europe are places I'll only see in photographs, and these are stunning.
You do need to keep an eye out for sensor dust when shooting such extensive expanses of clear sky though. . .:-)

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:55 PM   #13

Nice photos. I especially like the street scene in Basel. The lines of the tracks lead nicely to the bridge and flags. I enjoyed your photos of France too. I recently visited the same places (Paris and Normandy), but unfortunately my K10 was broken.
bruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:30 AM   #14

Thanks for the comments, Bruder and Scott. I took some spots out with PP on a couple of the shots, but didn't think about it on the one of the Eiger and there is also one on the lone parasailer. I will have to be more careful. Got to wonder if, after cleaning the sensor, which I have done a few times now, it is more attractive to dust?

Glenn
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:15 AM   #15

Are those the same little people that were landing on the eves?

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 7:01 PM   #16

More great Shots Glen!!!

Thank you for Showing Me a part of the World, Which i doubt i will ever see in person

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:16 PM   #17

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
More great Shots Glen!!!

Thank you for Showing Me a part of the World, Which i doubt i will ever see in person

Phil
You know, we all keep making statements like that but the solution is so simple. We will all get our passports and go stay with Glenn for a couple of weeks! His wife would love to host 50 or so houseguests, as long as we keep the fighting over whose turn it is to upload photos on their computer to a minimum.

Then we take the train to visit Ronny and Tom/TDN for a week, impose on our UK members until they boot us out of the country, and then drop in on Bahadir for ten days or so. Oh, can't forget Kjell, his feelings would be hurt! We can wrap it all up with a trip down under, our Aussie contingent is strong so it should be a good month before we completely wear out our welcome!

Now I understand that turn about is fair play, so next year all of Pentaxians from outside with western hemisphere can come stay with some of us here in the USA for a couple of months. In the interest of international goodwill and friendship, let me be the first to volunteer Harriet's house!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:27 PM   #18

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
More great Shots Glen!!!

Phil
You know, we all keep making statements like that but the solution is so simple. We will all get our passports and go stay with Glenn for a couple of weeks! His wife would love to host 50 or so houseguests, as long as we keep the fighting over whose turn it is to upload photos on their computer to a minimum.

Then we take the train to visit Ronny and Tom/TDN for a week, impose on our UK members until they boot us out of the country, and then drop in on Bahadir for ten days or so. Oh, can't forget Kjell, his feelings would be hurt! We can wrap it all up with a trip down under, our Aussie contingent is strong so it should be a good month before we completely wear out our welcome!

Now I understand that turn about is fair play, so next year all of Pentaxians from outside with western hemisphere can come stay with some of us here in the USA for a couple of months. In the interest of international goodwill and friendship, let me be the first to volunteer Harriet's house!

Tim
Tim

Sounds like a plan to me. Count me IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew i got my passport for a good reason:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:57 AM   #19

Come on over! Love to have you.A bit cramped in our 3 bedroom apartment,but we got a back yard!

Glenn