Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:54 PM   #11

Thanks, DMJJR and Dennis. Good to know on the printer. That was one of the ones I was recently looking at. Just haven't decided whether to spend the money or not yet. Thinking about the cost of winter fuel coming up. The 7350 still works, just is leaving lines in the ink. Not visible in the color, just when you look at it at an angle. Under glass they are fine. But, some of the fairs you submit bare in just a mat. I've been having Ritz print the, but it's not cheap at $4.50 each.

When you print with it does it show the different heights in the ink like in black areas are "thicker" than lighter colored areas? Am I making sense?

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:25 PM   #12

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, DMJJR and Dennis. Good to know on the printer. That was one of the ones I was recently looking at. Just haven't decided whether to spend the money or not yet. Thinking about the cost of winter fuel coming up. The 7350 still works, just is leaving lines in the ink. Not visible in the color, just when you look at it at an angle. Under glass they are fine. But, some of the fairs you submit bare in just a mat. I've been having Ritz print the, but it's not cheap at $4.50 each.

When you print with it does it show the different heights in the ink like in black areas are "thicker" than lighter colored areas? Am I making sense?

Patty
patty,
that sounds like a dirty print head or a head on the way out..

i'm loving the pro9000 and have been very pleased with the RR papers i've used. they have one , the artic polar lusture that is drop dead beautiful. of course it's one of their more expensive papers.

here's a shot on their art paper with a hand deckled edge..
Attached Images

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 7:42 AM   #13

I am using an HP B9180 printer. For my best art prints I prefer Ilford Galery Gold Fibre Silk. For regular printing I use HP Satin Matte and Gloss. HP printer profiles work well on HP printers. The B9180 allows me to download the profile for the Ilford, from the Ilford site, into the printer memory.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:10 PM   #14

same here but i'm using RR's profile for the 9000.

here's a couple of shots i just finished matting. the landscape is 24x40'' and the trio are all 11x14'' after matting them i think i need to flip the frog so he's shooting water to the right to bracket the fish.

roy
Attached Images

Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:11 PM   #15

Attached Images

Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:31 PM   #16

Those look very nice Roy. I have not gotten past simply putting a photo in an appropriately sized frame yet but the matting jobs you have done certainly add to the presentation.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote