Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2008, 5:37 PM   #1

I was quite surprised last month by my wife suggesting that we go to the British Motor Show. I had seen the adverts, but had a fair idea she would be bored, so I left it. However, since it was her idea.......

We took Friday off work and went for a little look. Around 8 hours of walking later.....we called it a day and came home.

I took around 500 shots, but the lighting was terrible. Either real bright spots or real dimly lit. Flash was on then off again.

I shot jpg only, as that is becoming my choice of modes now - more like film days, as I try to get it right in camera.

Anyhow, here are a few from the set.

The rest are on my Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/dal1970...7606495155592/

Sorry for the long post, but this is one of the many reasons I love my wife - she understands me (and puts up with me!!)

As always, C&C welcome.

Dal

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:31 PM   #2

Hi Dal,

Looks to me like jpegs served you pretty well, so you must have "gotten it right" in those varying (and difficult) lighting situations.

8 hours at an Auto Show -- I don't think I could handle it -- other than a photo op, of course!. . . I'd be Jonesing on them all. . .:-)

Very nice work! It must have been fun, especially a day off with the wife doing somthing that, but with my previous partners, it would have probably meant a "quid pro quo" day at the mall, watching her try on endless combinations of clothes (I didn't mind that part -- it was the "pack horse" aspect of the whole thing that always got to me. . .:-))

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:38 PM   #3

Thanks for the comments Scott.

My ex was more like that, hence not so many photos when I was with her.

I am real lucky with this one - she is not much for shopping, prefers to on her computer or watching TV.

I usually just buy her some new jewellery every other month - keeps her happy.

Dal
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:33 PM   #4

Well done, these are great, wonderful colours and lights.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:48 AM   #5

I know what you mean about lighting at car shows - it's the same here. The pictures came out really well.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 5:44 AM   #6

Thanks Guys.

I think I am going to have to re-read the Flash Thread and work on the fill-in flash idea. It seemed very hit and miss, even though I had the flash set on FP for use with faster shutters.

I am thinking that maybe I should have tried slow-sync flash instead - always wise after the event!!!

Dal
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:04 AM   #7

Good shooting Dal! I really like some of the perspectives you used here. I like car shows too. All the shiny paint and chrome....cheers..Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote