Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:57 PM   #1

Is there a database or listing where a person can find out if a certain flash will work on a certain camera?

I have been given a Minolta Auto 360PX and a Vivitar Auto Thyristor 2800 and was wondering if these would work on a K100. I am not holding out any hope that they would work, but you never know til you ask.
GrahamM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2008, 6:22 AM   #2

GrahamM wrote:
Quote:
Is there a database or listing where a person can find out if a certain flash will work on a certain camera?

I have been given a Minolta Auto 360PX and a Vivitar Auto Thyristor 2800 and was wondering if these would work on a K100. I am not holding out any hope that they would work, but you never know til you ask.
Hi Graham,

Check out this site re. sync voltages ... Your Minolta looks OK, not so the Vivitar directly, but you could use it as a slave via an optical trigger. ... Jack

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the link. I'm not yet convinced to try it. That website is for EOS cameras and I'm not sure if the info would apply to Pentax cameras.
GrahamM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:38 PM   #4

GrahamM wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I'm not yet convinced to try it. That website is for EOS cameras and I'm not sure if the info would apply to Pentax cameras.
Well your choice of course Graham. Most people on this board accept the 30 volt max figure for sync voltage, which is said to have come from a Pentax source. I have mistakenly fired a flash with a 270 volt sync requirement with the K100D, and got away with it, not a recommended proceedure though. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote