Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:13 PM   #11

Driver3 wrote:
Quote:
GW, you need an exif reader. One is PhotoME. It is the most thorough but also a bit harder to use for quick checks.

Another I use is Opanda.

Both are free. When you have them installed, just right click on the photo and if there is exif info, it will show you.

Not all photos will have exif info. When you save for web with Photoshop, it strips the exif. Also, depending on the hosting service used affects the availabilty of exif info too.

Dennis
Thanks Dennis,
You'd think with Photoshop6, CS3, Irfan view, photo plus X2, Gimp, Nero, Digimax Master, that something would work online! Oh well, guess I'll download another one.
well, I just got photoME, I like it! thanks again

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:55 PM   #12

Very interesting series Penolta, I don't know that I have seen anything like that before. What causes the forcible ejection when raindrops hit the mushroom? It sounds like a neat way of propagating, you should take a sprinkler can and get some action shots!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:24 PM   #13

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Very interesting series Penolta, I don't know that I have seen anything like that before.* What causes the forcible ejection when raindrops hit the mushroom?* It sounds like a neat way of propagating

Tim
There is supposed to be a coiled spring like filament under each packet that releases when wet. These are growing in planter mix (which may have already had the fungus) in an outdoor pot that gets watered regularly, so they may only let go when they are ready (whenever that is). Thanks for looking and commenting, Tim.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:58 PM   #14

I remember seeing a program on tv years ago about these. They did some great slow motion video with added sound E/FX. It was pretty cool.
GW
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 6:36 PM   #15

Neat, the more I learn about the variety of life the more interesting it becomes. I thought these might make a good subject for that ultra-fast small picture burst mode on the K20d. Thanks for the explanation.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2008, 7:41 AM   #16

Great series penolta. Nice shooting! That macro lens is a keeper if you ask me. Mother Nature has all kinds of techniques for the proliferation of flora and fauna alike. Very interesting...cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 3:00 PM   #17

Thanks, Don. No matter how long you are in this business there is always something new. I have encountered these only once before, and it was a larger one growing in my lawn. I had white "eggs" and was easier to see than these little ones with their black "eggs". Judging from the number of photographs you can bring up in Google Images, they must be fairly common in nurseries that have all that rich wet planter mix in their pots.

Tim, I doubt your reflexes would be fast enough to even get the shutter released before it was all over, it happens so fast. I know mine aren't. :-?

GW, I might have seen that one, too, or one like it.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 5:40 PM   #18

I've never seen anything like this before. Quite interesting!

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:03 AM   #19

There are lots of interesting things around us, Patty - all we have to do is look. I have to confess, though, that it was my keen-eyed wife who found these while I was busy taking pictures of more prosaic flowers that were too big and colorful to escape notice, but far less interesting. :sad: