Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:52 PM   #1

It has been a while since I posted a picture taken with my Pentax camera. I used the K100D to shoot a snap of my scooter. This is technically a moped. I had an aftermarket upgrade kit put on this. It handles very well and is fun to ride. My round trip to and from work is 40 miles and with gas becoming as it has I decided to get this over any other scooter I looked at.

I have had many people stop me to ask what it is and where I got it. It tops out at around 55 mph which is plenty fast but I usually cruise at around 40 mph. Mileage is about 100 mpg.

This isn't a great picture but I just changed the oil and the clouds came rolling in and provided a nice softbox light effect so I grabbed the camera and just took a shot to share.

Mahalo,

Tom

P.S. I do wear an exoskeleton riding jacket, helmet and exoskeleton gloves as well.
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:33 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
This isn't a great picture but I just changed the oil and the clouds came rolling in and provided a nice softbox light effect so I grabbed the camera and just took a shot to share.

Mahalo,

Tom

P.S. I do wear an exoskeleton riding jacket, helmet and exoskeleton gloves as well.
That's one cool moped Tom! Great picture as well. I like the angle from which it was shot. Lighting and sharpness are A+!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:38 PM   #3

Well Tom,
As you can see from my avatar, my scooter is just a little bigger than yours. I sold my F250 Super Duty diesel three years ago because the price of fuel was going up so much! I started riding my bike exclusively. My trip to work and back was same as yours 40 miles. I get 50mpg on the open road. Now I bought a home closer to work, only 5 miles each way and mpg has dropped to 35 in town. I considering getting a little scoot like yours just to ride to work and back.
GW
if everyone did that think of the drop on demand for fuel!:shock:

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:53 PM   #4

My "alternate transport" is actually quite ordinary, however in a sea of huge trucks my little 2.3L 5speed Ford Ranger actually passes for a sensible alternative. Since I retired I just wanted something that could be used for little jobs around the house.
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:45 PM   #5

I like it! Wish I could ride something like that to work, but 75 miles (one way), almost 6,000 foot elevation gainand quite a few limited access freeways keep me driving a car.

The body shop got our fuel efficient Fit back together today but it didn't start. So they sent it to the dealership to see what's wrong. Sure hope it's something simple and that we'll be able to take it on vacation next week, but it's starting to look like we'll be driving the Wrangler (sigh).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:58 PM   #6

Good photograph Tom, sharp and good details. My only complaint would be that the glare/angle prevents me from reading the brand name, what kind of scooter is this?

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:03 AM   #7

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Good photograph Tom, sharp and good details. My only complaint would be that the glare/angle prevents me from reading the brand name, what kind of scooter is this?

Tim
The brand name is MadAss. This moped is the craze all over the world literally. It is a Sachs product (German). Manufactured in China but it is quite a nice design by the German bike maker.

I went to a Milwaukee Bike Rally last weekend called "Rockerbox". Just about any make scooter or vintage motorcycle was there. Some really out and out great looking rides from yesteryear. About forty of us who own a MadAss got together and rode in like a gang and it got some attention to say the least. I had a great time meeting some others who own one of these and the fun we seem to have riding it. The owner of the shop whom I bought this from put it together and he is one class act to follow in the way he does business and treats customers.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:00 AM   #8

Hi GW,

If you lived up here you would not want anything smaller than your wing. The old people and the drunks like to run over the scooters... :P

Besides at 35MPG you are still doing way better than any car.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:32 PM   #9

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
snip
The brand name is MadAss. This moped is the craze all over the world literally. It is a Sachs product (German). Manufactured in China but it is quite a nice design by the German bike maker.

I went to a Milwaukee Bike Rally last weekend called "Rockerbox". Just about any make scooter or vintage motorcycle was there. Some really out and out great looking rides from yesteryear. About forty of us who own a MadAss got together and rode in like a gang and it got some attention to say the least. I had a great time meeting some others who own one of these and the fun we seem to have riding it. The owner of the shop whom I bought this from put it together and he is one class act to follow in the way he does business and treats customers.
That sounds like a blast!
I can just visualize a gang of MadAss Bikeers.:lol::lol::lol:
GW

Hey Blue wing,
you're right but, 100mpg sounds even better!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2008, 7:43 AM   #10

Cool looking bike Tom. Nice shot too. Yes, I bet these are a very hot item these days. 100mpg...I dream of numbers like that!!....cheers...Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote