Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:25 AM   #11

Hmmm, I am getting a 404 Page Not Found error so it is not a blank section. Tried both IE and Firefox. Are you still able to access Penolta?

Tim

Edit: I think I have found the same article here: http://lumitouch.com/benstudiotutorial/rules.html It does look like some good information.
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:49 AM   #12

A little short on time, but try this page

http://lumitouch.com/benstudiotutorial/index.html

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:13 AM   #13

I prefer the shorter lens for face shots. Either the 18-55 (I really like this lens for portraits at 35-55mm) or the Sigma 20-80 in the same focal lengths. Gotta go look at that article Tom Posted...Tom, you are one of the reasons I post here. You always seem to help with every post you do. Patty...Have fun with this and approach it with fun in mind.. Shoot lots of photos and pick the best later.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:04 PM   #14

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm, I am getting a 404 Page Not Found error so it is not a blank section.* Tried both IE and Firefox.* Are you still able to access Penolta?

Tim
Right you are. It is still down this morning. Being a nonbeliever in coincidence (which is often cause and effect in disguise) it makes me wonder if calling attention to the golden egg didn't kill the goose that laid it. Maybe the original author objected to its being used after all. On the other hand, it may reappear if it is only being revised. At least it seems to be available elsewhere.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:26 PM   #15

penolta wrote:
Quote:
NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm, I am getting a 404 Page Not Found error so it is not a blank section. Tried both IE and Firefox. Are you still able to access Penolta?

Tim
Right you are. It is still down this morning. Being a nonbeliever in coincidence (which is often cause and effect in disguise) it makes me wonder if calling attention to the golden egg didn't kill the goose that laid it. Maybe the original author objected to its being used after all. On the other hand, it may reappear if it is only being revised. At least it seems to be available elsewhere.
Another possibility Is that Judging By The URL , The Server maybe Down Due To FAY

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:34 PM   #16

Comes up well on mine.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:37 PM   #17

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Comes up well on mine.

Dawg
Dawg

Your link Works Great Here also
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:45 PM   #18

I believe he moved the web page and was working on it this morning. From the time I posted the link I gave of ....index.html rather than .....rules.html and the time I checked the link from the forum pages a minute later, he had added a page and a link to the lessons.

After having skimmed through his pages at lunch time, I'm a little nervous about this. I am certainly not equipped in any way to photograph the way he is explaining.:shock:

What have I gotten myself into?

We'll see. Patty

Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:32 PM   #19

Hi Patty

You will Do Fine!! As Dawg said "Have Fun with It and just Shoot lots of Shots"

Phil
Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:38 AM   #20

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Phil. The mom hasn't backed out even though I've given her ample opporunity. And, the sons seem excited about it being a more relaxed atmosphere. So, guess it's a go. I'll do as everyone suggests and take lots of photos. One's bound to come out okay :-)

I had been hoping to do this in the morning hours before the haze sets in. But, her sons aren't early risers and either have school or work every morning. So, any tips for late afternoon (say dinner time, 6-7) maybe. I think I will have the advantage of the sun shines in the right direction in that park for late day.

Patty