Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 24, 2008, 9:58 AM   #11

Thank you everyone. I was afraid it would be obvious it was skewed. Here's the original file only rotated and converted to jpg from RAW. The shot was taken hand held, so I was amazed it was so clear.

It was just stunning as we'd come around the corner of the chateau. I also had wished the moon was higher in the sky, but it was about 9:30 and we weren't staying out much longer.

I printed it out and think it doesn't look too bad. Although, my husband wants me to do something about the hot spots in it in the windows. Just can't submit to any fairs if I do that. But, I think I've got some better ones for that anyway.

Harriet - Yes, there are more shots. I took about 500 on this trip. Just haven't had a chance to work on them. Had a party to prepare for yesterday.

Jim - Yes, we drove up. Left my house in southern NH about 11 and arrived in St Antoinne de Tilly about 6:30 having taken an hour for lunch. We stayed the night there at a nice bed and breakfast and then left for Quebec the next morning. Probably about another hour's drive. We took the ferry across which we had to wait for, so hard to put a time on it. That was an experience in itself. I've never done that before. I'd say it was probably about 7- 8 hours of driving. We made a few brief stops on the way, too.

I'll post more as I get them processed. Thanks again for the comments. They are much appreciated.

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:18 AM   #12

I think the first one shows more of the buildings texture and the crop focuses the eye to the building and moon with out the distraction of the people in the second one.....Hope I said that right. Very very nice photo Patty.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:55 PM   #13

Lovely photos. Quebec is such a beautiful city. I was last there in January/February 2004 for Winter Carnival.I got some nice photos of Le Chateau Frontenac, the Ice Hotel and even me commanding a dog-sled team. They're not bad but they were taken with a 4-megapixel Casio P&S. I recommend Quebec City and Winter Carnival to anyone who hasn't experienced them.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:52 PM   #14

I also think you did a nice job on the post processing. Tough lighting conditions in that shot Patty and your cropped composition is very nice.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:36 PM   #15

Thank you, Dawg, Biro and Tim. I do plan on going back. Hopefully soon with my husband.

Dawg, one of the reasons I'd taken the original photo with the people in the bottom was the fairs I submit to I need 8 x 10's. So, I always leave extra on the long side so I can crop accordingly. I need to play with the skewing a little more. The first photo looks like the chateau is wider than in the original shot. Probably in how I skewed it.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote