Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:41 PM   #1

Anybody have any opinion on these two lenses?
Tamron 90-300 f:4.5-5.6
Vivitar 19mm PK-A/R 3.8
Thanks GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:51 PM   #2

For those that know more about lenses - the Viv says PK-A/R - does that mean that its a Ricoh mount and will have the pin that needs to be removed before you mount it?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:27 PM   #3

At least it's a "pin warning", and maybe you should check the flange as well before paying.

See this, post #9 and onwards: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=80

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:40 AM   #4

Go to this page and scroll down about halfway to where it says Incompatibility Warning. Read all that is there.
http://www.robertstech.com/compat.htm

Then go to this page and read about this fix.
http://www.robertstech.com/flange.htm

If you get a Ricoh mount stuck go here and read this.
http://erdener.org/pentaxlensremoval/

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:15 PM   #5

Thanks Guys,
I missed out on both... oh well.
GW
:-D
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:42 PM   #6

Hi GW,

Well at least now you can put gas in the bike and maybe an oil change to boot....;P

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:32 PM   #7

Hey GW,
Are you in that early LBA stage where you buy lenses just to try them out and because they are "such a good deal?" Having gone through that stage and moved on to the more terminal "spending as much for a lens as my camera body cost makes sense" stage, my $.02 would be figure out what kind of lenses you need for the kind of shooting you do/want to do, and restrict your shopping to that.

Early on I ended up with quite a collection of lenses simply because they were good deals and some review or random forum post said something good about them. I finally realized I was duplicating lens capabilities I already had and I never reached for my "second best lens" for any task. When I sold off a bunch, most of them had only been used for testing and some had never been mounted on my camera at all.

Seeing as how we are only an hour apart, it might be possible to hook up someday at a state park or other photogenic spot and test each others lenses.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:04 AM   #8

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Hey GW,
Are you in that early LBA stage where you buy lenses just to try them out and because they are "such a good deal?" Having gone through that stage and moved on to the more terminal "spending as much for a lens as my camera body cost makes sense" stage, my $.02 would be figure out what kind of lenses you need for the kind of shooting you do/want to do, and restrict your shopping to that.

Early on I ended up with quite a collection of lenses simply because they were good deals and some review or random forum post said something good about them. I finally realized I was duplicating lens capabilities I already had and I never reached for my "second best lens" for any task. When I sold off a bunch, most of them had only been used for testing and some had never been mounted on my camera at all.

Seeing as how we are only an hour apart, it might be possible to hook up someday at a state park or other photogenic spot and test each others lenses.

Tim
Tim I've been there too. At one time I had 30+ lens and then unloaded most all of them. Trying for quality now but finding it an expensive deal.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 6:22 PM   #9

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Hey GW,

Tim
Hey Tim,
I agree to all the above!:G I'm really looking for something to get me by till I can afford the Bigma. Or I can find a good deal on a prime 300 – 600mm. I like the idea of getting together one day to shoot and compare lenses. My problem right now is I have to send my camera back again for repair. So, as soon as I get it back I'll give you a shout.
Thanks,:bye:
GW

Old Sep 6, 2008, 6:27 PM   #10

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi GW,

Well at least now you can put gas in the bike and maybe an oil change to boot....;P

Rudy
Hey Rudy,
Thanks a lot, you're a big help:lol:
GW