Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 7, 2008, 2:45 AM   #1

Finally had time to mess around with my equipment. This was really the first time I got to simultaneously use ALL my new equipment - K20D, DA* 16-50mm, IR remote, light stands w/ wireless triggers & strobes.

It's an embarrassing self-portrait...well, embarrassing because I'm not used to taking my own photo. Anyway, the K20D and the 16-50 is really sharp (guess my lens is a good copy), which isn't good when trying to hide blemishes.

- Jason

Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:34 AM   #2

Wish a self-portrait of me could give the viewer the same good vibes as yours do.

How long did it take you to arrange the set up?

Maybe it's time to revive the me-photo thread. Any one can find it?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:32 AM   #3

Illuminati wrote:
Quote:
Finally had time to mess around with my equipment. This was really the first time I got to simultaneously use ALL my new equipment - K20D, DA* 16-50mm, IR remote, light stands w/ wireless triggers & strobes.

It's an embarrassing self-portrait...well, embarrassing because I'm not used to taking my own photo. Anyway, the K20D and the 16-50 is really sharp (guess my lens is a good copy), which isn't good when trying to hide blemishes.

- Jason

Nothing to be embarrassed by in that photo. Now one of my ugly mugg would be an embarrassment. Kjell I'm looking now.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 5:31 PM   #4

Wow! Looks like you've got everything working well together, and your 16-50 is definitely sharp. Looks like a good buy all the way around.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:43 PM   #5

The photo has disappeared Jason, but I am glad that your 16-50 is pleasing you. I am looking forward to seeing more from it.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 9:58 AM   #6

You guys have made my life difficult (together with Scott pushing for K20D). Just bought it from Henry in a deal similar to that of Amazon.com at US$999. I should have waited until end of the month for new announcement. What can I say as I have skipped upgrading to K10D

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 3:36 PM   #7

Well done! I'll be very interested to see how you do with it, Daniel.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:09 PM   #8

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Well done!* I'll be very interested to see how you do with it, Daniel.
Oh Harriet or Kjell or Scott
How long do I have to charge the batt of K10D/20D batt? They came precharged? I hate proprietory batt. But I will manage.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 11:51 PM   #9

The batteries take a while to charge the first time. I don't remember exactly how long - think it was a couple of hours. They don't take as long after that, and they last much longer than the hybrids do in in my K100 (I don't think my other half took that many more pictures than I did). I think they have a bit of a charge, but they aren't pre-charged per se -I charged the battery first before testing the camera.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:58 AM   #10

Charge them first Daniel. Takes about 2-3 hrs. They last a long time. I can shoot about 4 - 1 gig cards before needing to change out to a spare. I go about once a month in changing them out as far as time goes. I wouldn't go back to AA batteries if I had to. These just last so much longer in my opinion.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote