Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:00 AM   #1

Hello All,

After thinking about this a while, and looking back on the recent monthly challenge threads and not finding this topic used recently. I have come to the conclusion of using "MOTION" as the Montly Challenge for the month of September. I know that there is lots that can be done with this topic, and I am interested in seeing the wonderful shots you all can come up with.

September Monthly Challenge topic: "MOTION"

Pictures are to be sized 800 pixels on their longest side, be taken with a Pentax or Samsung dSLR, and be taken within the last 90 days.

Good Luck to all!!

-Pete

PanagiotisDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:07 PM   #2

I removed this photo and
submitted new photo further down.
GW
:bye:

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:48 PM   #3

Life just like a top
Attached Images

victor4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:53 PM   #4

A fun topic! Do I post a frozen motion shot or one with motion blur? I'll have to think about it. I have lots of frozen motion pictures from my vacation along with one or two with motion blur, but don't know if I'll use them or not. I'll see what I manage to take this month - that's what I always like about having monthly subjects, it gives me something to work on for a month.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:59 PM   #5

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
A fun topic! Do I post a frozen motion shot or one with motion blur? I'll have to think about it. I have lots of frozen motion pictures from my vacation along with one or two with motion blur, but don't know if I'll use them or not. I'll see what I manage to take this month - that's what I always like about having monthly subjects, it gives me something to work on for a month.
Thats one of the reasons I decided on this topic.. motion does not only mean u need a shot with blur lets see what we can come up with.. a couple wonderful shots already though!
PanagiotisDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:30 PM   #6

PanagiotisDJ wrote:
Quote:
September Monthly Challenge topic: "MOTION"
Jeez! My shot in last month's challenge would've been great for this month, too. Probably even a better match. I'll have to spend some time trying to come up with something new and unique..........
PinonMesaJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:21 PM   #7

Oooh, I know exactly what I'll try for this. Something I've been trying to master for a few years. But, seldom get the opportunity. This weekend will be one of them.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:03 PM   #8

I'll probably change this picture as it's pretty mundane in many ways. But it's a milestone for me. I've tried panning a bit in the past, with horrible results, and always vowed to work at it some more. I just never took the time to do anything about it until this topic came up. So yesterday I went over to my favorite parking garage and tried panning regular cars driving down the street. For the first time ever, I managed to get a couple of decent ones (out of the 20 or so that I took). So here's my first everreasonably successful panning shot (K20, DA*50-135, polarizer to get a slower shutter speed):
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:47 PM   #9

I'm going to post a stop action shot at this point, but I'm going to be experimenting a little with trailing curtain flash the next few days, so I'll probably replace this one.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:24 PM   #10

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I'll probably change this picture as it's pretty mundane in many ways. But it's a milestone for me. I've tried panning a bit in the past, with horrible results, and always vowed to work at it some more. I just never took the time to do anything about it until this topic came up. So yesterday I went over to my favorite parking garage and tried panning regular cars driving down the street. For the first time ever, I managed to get a couple of decent ones (out of the 20 or so that I took). So here's my first everreasonably successful panning shot (K20, DA*50-135, polarizer to get a slower shutter speed):
looks to me like you did a fine job on this one Harriet.
GW
:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote