Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 11, 2008, 5:12 PM   #1

soldTHIS on ebay to a first time bidder..
then he left my first negative FB.. i guess he did not read the description.. i only know that now i will not be selling to any newbies or indochina.. he actually called me a liar in his FB.

his email is [email protected] if you would like to contact him..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2008, 5:16 PM   #2

robar wrote:
Quote:
soldTHIS on ebay to a first time bidder..
then he left my first negative FB.. i guess he did not read the description.. i only know that now i will not be selling to any newbies or indochina.. he actually called me a liar in his FB.

his email is [email protected] if you would like to contact him..

roy
I think the auction looks pretty straightforward. I don't think there is any grey area other than the mount. But you did mention it's a M42 and you can clearly see that it's a screw mount in the pictures. What's he accusing you of lying about?

Edit: Nevermind, I read the feedback. Chalk it up as this guy is an idiot. And I think you should discuss it with Ebay to have that feedback reversed or something. I think the guy just didn't read the auction carefully or look at the pictures close enough. I think you were clear enough in the description.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:14 PM   #3

Roy

I have To agree with Mike, the guy is a Jerk. He obviously did not read your Description Where you Clearly State that you Need an Adapter.

It takes All Kinds

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:37 PM   #4

OK I have to tell you I have mixed feelings here. You didn't do anything dishonest. But as an avid e-bay user I get real irritated with ads like this, and I know more about cameras and lenses then most. Its like those cheap plastic cameras made to look like an SLR or the over use of the term PRO.

You were selling a Pentax lens but you threw in the words Canon, Nikon etc. because you knew it would get more people to look at it. Yes you were clear that "with the right adapter this will fit many brands" but you But you title said "Nikon,Canon,Pentax,Sony" Not "Nikon,Canon,Pentax,Sonyv with an adapter" Did you mention that such an adapter would not allow focus at infinity or metering functions?

I'm not trying to rag on you here I'm just trying to get you to see it from his point of view. Remember not everyone has the experience that you and I have with cameras. Granted he probably should have asked a question or two. But I think "I'm sorry you misunderstood" would have look better than "sheesh" on your feedback

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:55 PM   #5

One of the problems I have with ebay is that you can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers. I just had a buyer bid on a item for $200 and now he won't pay because the shipping is more than he wants to pay, even though I stated in the auction local pickup only. I live in Wisconsin and he lives in Florida.

There is nothing wrong with Roy's ad, the lens can be used with many brands of cameras with the proper adapter and with the right adapter it will focus to infinity. Sellers are now at the mercy of stupid people who bid on an item and then decide they don't like it, thus "Negative Feedback".

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:07 PM   #6

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
One of the problems I have with ebay is that you can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers. I just had a buyer bid on a item for $200 and now he won't pay because the shipping is more than he wants to pay, even though I stated in the auction local pickup only. I live in Wisconsin and he lives in Florida.

There is nothing wrong with Roy's ad, the lens can be used with many brands of cameras with the proper adapter and with the right adapter it will focus to infinity. Sellers are now at the mercy of stupid people who bid on an item and then decide they don't like it, thus "Negative Feedback".

Tom
I have to disagree with this completely Ebay is set up totally to the advantage of the sellers. Many of the auctions should be removed for unethical reasons. In your case it sounds like the buyer failed to read But shipping & handling is one of the biggest cons on E-bay. Roys ad was not dishonest but it was misleading, though not intentionally.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:58 PM   #7

Roy I don't think you did anything wrong. However, I think you wrote your ad copy for someone with a basis of knowledge ie: there is no universal mount for all camera bodies. You did specify it worked on those bodies with an adapter but not that the adapter was not included. You had all the important information 99% of the people looking to this lens would need, it looks like your buyer is in the other 1%. The buyer does bear responsibility to educate himself before making purchases, so I am not excusing him his ignorance.

On the subject of ebay policies, I like the new system better. My only negative feedback came from a horrible buying experience where the seller dragged things on for two months before finally giving me a refund. After numerous broken promises I left negative feedback and received "retalitory" negative feedback in return.

My suggestion for ebay would be to track how many negative feedbacks a buyer leaves. The seller should have the option to exclude buyers who leave more than a certain percentage of negatives (say 2%) or too many negatives. A buyer throwing negatives around regularly is as sure a sign of a bad egg as a seller who receives them regularly.

Tim

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 9:03 PM   #8

Well… this is kind of a touchy subject. I personally have no problem with Roy's ad. I knew as soon as it said Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony. That it had to have an adapter. I also know (as an experienced eBayer) that it's very important to read everything in an ad and consider everything that isn't[/i] in the ad and ask questions if I'm not positive about something. That said, I also could understand how somebody new to eBay and probably new to photography might think it would/should fit his camera. Technically that's the buyer's problem but, for $5.50 I would have offered to refund his money and let him keep the lens.:-?
GW
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:58 AM   #9

he never contacted me. in my auction i said 2 times that i'd refund your money and your return shipping. i do this with all sells no matter where it's sold..

well on a lighter note. ebay just hooked me up with a gal 30miles away with a ''you pick it up'' auction.. what is it??? it's a top of the line 60'' C&H mat/glass cutter..
100bucks for a $1300 cutter..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:53 AM   #10

Everything here notwithstanding, I think it's in very poor taste to post the guys email address here. What's the point of that? Hoping everyone here will tell him what a jerk he is?

While him calling you a liar is far-fetched I do agree a person inexperienced could mis-read the situation.

But posing his email address seems like a very childish response. Working with ebay and with the customer himself would be a much more professional approach to the unfortunate situation.

Just my .02
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote