Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:56 PM   #21

I can see where the monthly challenges are really stimulating people to experiment and "think out of the box." The tree silhouettes are great, as are the motion shots. The spinning one reminds me of the giant flying saucer space ship from a movie of a few years ago.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 6:36 AM   #22

Congratulations Patty on the ribbons, those are well deserved. The ducky shot is my favorite from this set as well. It would make a very good stock photo, there are many different ways I could see it being used for advertising.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 9:50 PM   #23

Thanks, Penolta and Tim.

Tim - You mentioned stock photos. I've seen some on it, but often wondered if it was really worth it. Do you have stock photos somewhere? Do you find it beneficial? I would think selling stock photos would not reallyput you into "professional" category for entering contests.???? Although, it's certainly more lucrative.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or info to share?

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:04 PM   #24

Patty, I have done some reading on the subject buy I have not yet tried to place any images with a stock agency. It appears the easiest agency to start with is the so called "micro stock" but I really can't see selling photos for $1.00 (or less). True stock agencies apparently pay much more but have higher standards for what photographers they will allow to place images with them.

The biggest problem I had was stock photography sounded like too much work. My photography is an important stress reliever. If I had to start treating it like a job I am not sure my psyche could hold up.

Now, if I learn of a huge market for insect macro photography, I will be there in a heartbeat.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:56 PM   #25

:-) Thanks, Tim.

That's what I was thinking."stock photography sounded like too much work" I enjoy taking photos. But, get stressed out enough as it is trying to keep up withthe three fairs I submit photos to at this time of the year. Letalone doing it on a daily basis all year. I'll probably still keep it as an option. I've often thought of doing it.

Yes, you definitely could make a killing with your macro insects.

Patty

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 1:24 AM   #26

Patty...Ya done did good there. The blue ribbons are well deserved..Love all the motion shots (you are very good at these) not just technically but you have a good eye for them as well. That in the end is where good photos come from...the eye of the photog. You have one and cannot give it back...Sooo you might as well exercise it and share the results with us...I do love that second one....Never toss any photos out...Some of my best were ones I nearly threw away!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 12:52 AM   #27

Looked like fun, 2,3 and 4 are amazing.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote