Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 20, 2008, 5:58 AM   #1

With Da200mm
The high iso performance seems to be at par with my DA/K200D which is very good.
AF the same.
But the viewfinder for me shooting manual is an enormous improvement over the pentamirror
File size is big even for jpg
Just a few thoughts

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:54 AM   #2

Congratulations Daniel. I think you will really like the K20d. Are you keeping your K100 as well? I sold my K10d to help fund the K20d, the only thing I miss is the 3 fps sustained burst.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:13 AM   #3

Very nice, Daniel. Another convert making me jealous.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:52 AM   #4

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Very nice, Daniel.* Another convert making me jealous.

Patty
I skipped K10D and K20D has quite a bit more features than my K100D & DL

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Are you keeping your K100 as well?* I sold my K10d to help fund the K20d, the only thing I miss is the 3 fps sustained burst.*

Tim
Tim
I still have K100D & the foolproof DL . They (K20D, K100D & DL) all can do 3 FPS I believe as they all share the same AF engine.

Daniel
Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:17 PM   #5

danielchtong wrote:

I skipped K10D and K20D has quite a bit more features than my K100D & DL
[/quote]

Agreed. I moved from a DL to a K100D to a K20D as well. I'm still trying to get out of my old K100D habits. I constantly find myself pressing the OK button on the K20D to try to restore the focus point to the center before realizing my mistake.

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 5:41 PM   #6

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tim
I still have K100D & the foolproof DL . They (K20D, K100D & DL) all can do 3 FPS I believe as they all share the same AF engine.

Daniel
I think it is the memory buffer that controls this spec Daniel. My K100d could do 3 fps for about five frames before the memory buffer filled. The K20d can do more at 3 fps but eventually it slows down if you have it set at 3 fps (it can go 2.5 or something until the card is full). The K10d could do 3 fps until the memory card was full.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 7:46 PM   #7

Daniel-

Those are very impressive photos! Congratulations! You have done well with the K-20!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:26 PM   #8

Still going through the many finetuning mechanism of the new camera. I went for a model shootout this Saturday as arranged by a photo club in Toronto.

Daniel
Old Sep 20, 2008, 9:08 PM   #9

Looks like you'll have no trouble converting to the new camera - all your pictures are really sharp and I love the second cat picture. Must be nice to have such a patient and photographic subject. Oh yes, the girl is nice too. I'm no fan of pierced lips and one of your pictures is so sharp it's a little too disconcerting for me.

Do you find that the K20 is better at resolving some of your lenses, like the DA200? I found the results with the kit lens to be about the same between the K100, K10 and K20, but that the DA*50-135 was noticeably better/more resolution than with the K20.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:14 PM   #10

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Do you find that the K20 is better at resolving some of your lenses, like the DA200?* I found the results with the kit lens to be about the same between the K100, K10 and K20, but that the DA*50-135 was noticeably better/more resolution than with the K20.
I can say theoretically there will be difference when you go through that pixel by pixel. But for simple web uploading , there likely will not be shown readily.
I have gone for this route in the hope of getting more cropping room for my birdie shots.
Instead of shooting 30 ft I may be ok shooting from 50 ft away - I just have to crop agreesively.
Judging from you comment, you seem to be more enticed by close up shots . Imagine that cat shots be done to a woman? With all the blemishes?

Daniel