Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 23, 2008, 2:04 PM   #1

Spent Sunday afternoon over in France in the ancient walled city of Riquewihr. A beautiful place and especially with the weather we had and the vinyardsready for harvest. All shots with the ist DL and Tamron 24 -135. By the way I forgot to change the ISO so these were all shot at 800 speed. Oh well.

First is a vine covered gazebo up in the middle of a vinyard.

A car like this Bentley will always draw a few stares.

I like this one. I'm not sure why. Sorry I don't know the name of that town on the hill.

And finally a house built in 1675which is part of the wall that surrounds the city.

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2008, 3:41 PM   #2

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
By the way I forgot to change the ISO so these were all shot at 800 speed. Oh well.
Oh well they are delightful. No negative impact from the ISO800 in my opinion. Looks like you had a perfect day in a perfect place. Number 2 and 4 are my favorites. Living in suburban America, I'm drawn to the old world charm you have captured so well, nice work and thanks for posting.

Jim

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 3:57 PM   #3

Yeah, the pictures are very nice. Don't feel so bad about the ISO level, they look great. I took a bunch of pictures of a civil war re-enactment over the weekend and forgot I had my camera set to ISO 1600. They are all grainy as ever. Oh well, sometimes you screw up. Haha.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 5:51 PM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Beautiful images with great elements of composition in each.

#1: Great color composition--that little red sphereatop the canopy against the blue skyreally makes it work. Good contrast in colors overall!

#2: Good focus on the Bently with a tremendous sense of depth which conveys the full impact of what appears to be a narrow street.

#3: I like the low angle which highlights the vine at the same time as reminding you of the village/town in the distance atop the hill

#4: Classic lines make for a perfect composition.

You have a good eye Glenn! As always, I enjoy seeing your travels on this forum!

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:27 PM   #5

All of those are great Glenn, excellent composition.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:18 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments, Jim, Mike, Jay and Tim.
Glenn
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:27 AM   #7

The narrow dwelling in No. 4 caught my eye. I couldn't live there because my back and legs don't work right anymore. and three storries is too much for my navigation.

But what a beautiful picture, with a littlke history surrounding it. This seems like the perfect place to write, paint, or, yes, work on photography.

Such a trip will bring rewards down the years as you remember what you saw and did. Everyone should attempt one such trip in their lifetime. It helps to have a close companion, preferably a spouse, with whom you can savor the experience in private.

All the other pictures were memorable as well. Thanks for showing them.

Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:02 AM   #8

As always, I love your pictures. Brings back such memories of wonderful days gone by for me. I just love the Bentley and your old house - its nice to see something other than urban sprawl and modern cookie-cutter houses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:47 PM   #9

Thanks for the very kind words Old Engineer and Harriet. I did enjoy it with my wonderful wife. You are right, a moment shared is twice as enjoyable. In fact below is a shot of Shelia (on the left) leaving the cafe we shared lunch in. The woman on the right along with her husband joined us from Canada for this little trip.

Glenn

Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:19 AM   #10

Wonderful shots, thanks for sharing a little piece of France.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote