Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 26, 2008, 7:51 PM   #11

i have so many lenses that cover the same focal range. i'd say if you can afford to keep them, keep them. if you know that you'll never use the lens again then yeah go ahead and get rid of it. but if each lens has a strength that appeals to you, my recommendation would be to keep them if you can.

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:06 PM   #12

I have a version 1, a version 2 and a version 3 as well. But I set out to collect them. If I had to make a choice of one to keep it would be the version three only because of the A setting. The version 2 is actually sharper.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 1:41 PM   #13

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I have a version 1, a version 2 and a version 3 as well. But I set out to collect them. If I had to make a choice of one to keep it would be the version three only because of the A setting. The version 2 is actually sharper.

Dawg

Thank you Dave & you all

Dave, thank you so much for the comment. And thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. I ended up packing both the Kiron 70-150 f/3.8 and Pentax K 45-125 f/4.0 today and ready for shipping. I will miss each lens for its characteristics. The Kiron is the cutest and wonderful in sharpness and the K 45-125 is outstanding in color, bokeh, and quick focusing.

About Vivitar Series 1
About the Vivitar, now that I have used version #1 and version #2, I have to admit that I like version #2 better due to its lesser weight. I have not used it extensively to make a call if that lens is worthy of recommending to others. I find wide open f/3.5 to be bit on the soft side. But the lens in the tele in 210mm is quite sharp when stopped down to f/5.6 and f/8.0. Overall, it is a good gear to have in that range. The tokina is cheaper than the Komine and I would imagine the Komine to be in the range of $140 to $240. The only thing I miss in the Tokina is the macro as the Kiron v1 has really great macro at 1:2.2 ratio whereas the Tokina is in 1:4.

http://techtheman.blogspot.com/2008/...tokina-v2.html

4 Lens down to 2
Thank you all for all the help to get my 4 lens down to 2. If I finish my report on the Tokina and I happen to want something better, my 4 lens will be down to 1. And I wish I have a chance to try out the version #3 with Komine. I recently get a copy of Komine 135mm f/2.8 1:2 Macro and that is a great lens on the optics and build, it is something that I will keep for a longer time

About Komine Optics
http://techtheman.blogspot.com/2008/...om-komine.html

And I use it first time on Saturday, it is very good

[align=center]I want his job!
[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]Bokeh is decent with Komine Optics
[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center]Not exactly 1:2 at
minimum focusing distance (mfd)
but close