Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2008, 8:35 PM   #11

Thanks,Tim and Dal. I do wish the dahlia were sharper. You asked which lens. I just purchased the Pentax FA50mm 1.4 and was using my K100. I hadn't wanted to be changing lenses that day in the rain and with the dark sky and knowing I would be taking a lot of indoor shots opted to take only that lens with me. These shots were the first with it. The dahlia was behind the chicken wire (about 3" square opening), so I had to put the lens up to the opening to get the flower only. But, realized later I was too close. But, I love dahlias.

I checked on the oxen and yes, I did use NR (Neat Image plug-in for PSE5). I hadn't noticed before you mentioned it, but it went a little overboard. Here is the image only cropped to 65% of original. I didn't do any other processing to this photo. I usually run them through Smart Curve plug-in as a lot of my photos come out darker than I'd like.

I want to upgrade to PSE7, although our desktop computer only has 768MB RAM and a minimum of1GB is required. The type of memory we have is way expensive. So, thinking this through carefully. The laptop is new and will handle it, but I don't usually use it unless I'm away from home. With our recent malware problems we'd considered buying a new desktop, but we're hobbling along still with it since we got most of the problem taken care of. Too many expenses lately and home fuel bills to start soon with the cold weather coming.

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:01 PM   #12

Looks like a fun day at the fair, and you managed to get some really interesting pictures. How do you like the 50mm?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 6:15 AM   #13

What a wonderful series, those oxen and your shot is so , the Dahlia is beautiful and what fun you have captured.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:41 PM   #14

Thanks, Harriet and Rodney.

I think I'm really going to like this lens, Harriet. I've only had it a few weeks and not had a lot of opportunities to play with it. Shot all the fair shots with it and did bring it yesterday when we went into town. But, used the Tamron 70-300 most there. I was hoping it was going to be helpful for the senior portraits I will be doing allowing me to shoot without flash. Still trying to arrange a time the kids aren't in school, at work or doing sports.

I seem to have gotten LBA. I had been managing fine with just my 18-55 and 50-200 lenses until the past six months. Have managed to add a Sigma 20-80 macro, Tamron 70-300 macro and now the 50 mm FA 1.4. Wanting a wider angle than these to add, but I know that won't be the end.:-)

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote