Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:25 PM   #1

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/AARONB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]Here are a few photos from a recent wedding. I was shooting with a K10d and a variety of lenses. I did some conversions and other work in Photoshop Elements. Comments are more than welcome. Thanks

1/60 sec. ISO 400 at f/4.5

1/90 sec. ISO 100 at f/5.6 with external flash

1/45 sec. ISO 200 f/5.6

1/350 sec. ISO 400 f/5.6
abieleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:56 PM   #2

Very unusual. I like the first one as it's not the normal shot (although, that shade of green is not my favorite, but that's me.)

I like how you reflected the cake in the utensils of the third one and composed it.

A question on the fourth one. Was he standing on one side of the sheating and she on the other? Or, did it just move in the wind? Do you have one without him partially in shadow?

Good job.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 7:27 PM   #3

Some people like the color with the B & W, some people don't care for it as much. I provide both so I guess the couple can choose. The reflection of the cake in a utensil is a favorite of mine.

I don't have a shot without the shadow in the last picture. The groom was about 8" taller than the bride so he was standing near the top of the alter. To me this shot was more about the brides facial expression than the groom, however I definitely could have done without that shadow. Thanks for the input.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 8:46 PM   #4

I did like the expression on her face. So, at peace with the event. That's what made me follow her gaze to him and whenI noticed the shade on him. Was just wondering. It's not bad. Just something I noticed.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:18 AM   #5

Nicely done, these are all very nice. I like the first image particularly. I have posted some images from three weddings I shot this summer on my website, a great way to exchange ideas.
http://aicphotography.tripod.com/weddings/index.html
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 3:24 AM   #6

I took a look at your website and found some excellent photos. I especially liked the photo with the flowers in the foreground, and the couple in the background with the camera tilted to created a sloping angle. Good work.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 5:26 AM   #7

those are very good, i bet they were happy with the results, my fav is the first one too, just becuase its different, with the cake pic i think i would have cropped just a bit more off the bottom and tried to edit out the chair leg, love the reflection idea though.
something like this, hopeyou dont mind me playing around with it.

i think your very brave doing weddings, the guy that did my wedding made a complete mess up, way to much flash on every picture, and lense distortion everywhere. divorced now though so i guess it matters not lol

kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote