Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 31, 2008, 8:08 PM   #41

I wish I had had more time this month to really play with this topic. It's been fun to play around with some new techniques - I got a chance to try taking an architectural elevation and match it to a picture (doesn't work all that well for a whole building, but did all right for a portion of it). I tried trailing curtain flash (that's actually great fun, I just needed a smaller flashlight/light source), and then in-camera multiple exposure (hint - if you want ghosts, don't try to hand-hold. Use a tripod or a wall). I never quite got around to doing something with perspective and the wide angle, something that I kept thinking about all month, but never found myself with either enough time to think about it or in a position to find a likely topic for it. Topics like this really get me trying new things, and that's always good.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:40 AM   #42

I guess I'll cast the first vote. Obama or McCain? Oops that's Tuesday's vote. I'm going with Beachboy2's bird camouflaged on a tree trunk. To me, it is a natural illusion which is more difficult to arrange compared to a man-made illusion.
Dan
No_Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:41 PM   #43

My vote also for BB2's frogmouth.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:35 PM   #44

EddyinGA wrote:
Quote:
I could have entered any photo I have ever taken in this months challenge.

The Illusion is that I think I'm a photographer
Eddy I Have To agree Also.

As for my Vote. i have to agree that BB2 Bird is the Best. I Give second place To "Mtngal". Love those Ghosts

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:35 AM   #45

im going to have to vote for the frogmouth as well, i have no idea how you evenspotted it in the first place to even take the photo.
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:54 AM   #46

I'm impressed by the creativity of Kazuya's illusion with the upside down wine glass and Dennis' leadlight glass or is it a skyscraper? It pops and gets my vote.

cheers

bb2
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:33 PM   #47

I'll have to go with BB2's frogmouth, with Harriet's Track shot a real close second and Tim's son on the beach third.:-)
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 6:51 PM   #48

Well, I'm going to throw off the unanimous voting. I'd gone throught the photos and decided, then read what others wrote. I'll have to be the outsider here. I do think the frogmouth is good, but the one that caught my eye and really made me think was Glen's (Lyrics51) building reflection. It really looks like you are looking down through a grate. (At least to me.)

So, my vote goes to Glen.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 8:44 PM   #49

My 3 finalists are beachboy, Dennis and Glen. While the bird is incredible camouflage/natural illusion, I think both Dennis and Glen's pictures are better photographic illusions. I could vote any of the three, depending on the particular day or time when I vote. right now I'm going to choose simplicity and abstract this time and vote for Dennis's building (I think).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:50 AM   #50

Another month of excellent entries. Glen's building shot really threw me along with the wine glasses by Kazuya but BeachBoy's bird is really something. It took me several tries to see the darned thing at all!. So BB2's bird gets my vote this month.
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote