Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 4, 2008, 9:39 AM   #51

My favorites are Harriet's ghosts and beachboy's bird and the winner is.... Harriet's ghosts.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:42 AM   #52

I like the fisheye shot and the ghosts the best - my vote goes to Harriets ghosts, as I was also puzzled that this was done in-camera.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 12:58 PM   #53

Simowills comical critter is my favorite photo of the group, but I will vote for Tim's perspective trick as it is most like something that would be conceived by an illusionist.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 2:30 PM   #54

Pah :sad:I found the perfect entry for this challenge this very moment while searching for another pic. Darnit. Now I know it's too late, but I'll share anyway and hope you like it. Now tell me - is this real, or an illusion what you see here?

:G
Attached Images

Old Nov 5, 2008, 5:40 PM   #55

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
Pah :sad:I found the perfect entry for this challenge this very moment while searching for another pic. Darnit. Now I know it's too late, but I'll share anyway and hope you like it. Now tell me - is this real, or an illusion what you see here?

:G

Ha! That's a great shot Th!
that fits the challenge perfectly, I would have voted for it.
GW
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:04 PM   #56

That really is an interesting picture! I can't quite figure that one out at all!

Mine was very easy - I used the multiple exposure capability. I had the camera automatically adjust the frames to give the set the correct exposure. Put the camera on a wall (didn't have a tripod) and waited a bit between frames, just long enough for the people to move around some. You can see the same person captured 3 times as he walked by. The background stays the same, but the people have moved, giving the ghost feeling.

My first attempt at this was hand-held - a disaster. I thought I had kept the camera steady but not quite - the background in each frame wasn't the same (made me feel dizzy!). You absolutely have to have a tripod or a wall if you want something like what I was trying to capture.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:27 PM   #57

Well, it s now 7 days past and there have been no more votes since the usual 5 day limit, so Beachboy takes it by better than 2:1 - a clear victory (this is the month for those!) So congratulations Beachboy, and you had better get busy on the November challenge.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:31 PM   #58

Thanks goldwinger and mtngal, now here comes the explanation what you are seeing. It's a

(surprise!!!!!)

WINDOW.

:roll::blahsorry )

Really. Believe me. Here is a wider view of the whole building. Can you imagine how puzzled I was when I saw that? :?:idea:

Best regards,
Th.
Attached Images

Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:13 PM   #59

Th, I quite likedyour architectural photo aboveWould like to know more about that 'baroque' looking eclectic building.

Btw,(excluding Th's entry), if I hadn't missed the voting deadline, I would have voted for the camouflage bird!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:05 AM   #60

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Th, I quite likedyour architectural photo aboveWould like to know more about that 'baroque' looking eclectic building.

Btw, (excluding Th's entry), if I hadn't missed the voting deadline, I would have voted for the camouflage bird!
Hey,

I can't fully answer your question, the shot is from a trip to the city of Dresden, but we weren't exactly on a "architectural sightseeing tour". I however tried to snap an interesting piece of architecture here and there and that was one. It's in the city centre, main tourist area near the Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) and the Semperoper (Opera), so in case you visit Dresden you can't miss it.

If you are interested in some other photos from there I can start another thread in the approriate forum.

Regards,
Th.