Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:49 AM   #1

i think i dont have photoshop set up right, i recently did a format and when i put it back on my machine i got a samsung profile missing cannot calibrate error, the colours look really overdone, i installed the monitor software and the error went away but the colours still looked wrong, i went to proof setup and selected custom then picked my monitor, when i load a picture now i can tick use proof colours and the picture looks as it does after its saved, the colours still look wrong in the raw converter.

when i load a picture now i getan error saying thepicture contains an embedded colour profile which does not match the monitor and asks which i should use. if i pick the photographs then the colours look all wrong again.

im assumming my monitor is displaying the proper colours because everyone elses pictures look really good

it was never like this before the format and i dont ever remmember messing with the profiles, maybe i should try reinstalling photoshop.

TIA
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:55 AM   #2

kazuya wrote:
Quote:
i think i dont have photoshop set up right, i recently did a format and when i put it back on my machine i got a samsung profile missing cannot calibrate error, the colours look really overdone, i installed the monitor software and the error went away but the colours still looked wrong, i went to proof setup and selected custom then picked my monitor, when i load a picture now i can tick use proof colours and the picture looks as it does after its saved, the colours still look wrong in the raw converter.

when i load a picture now i getan error saying thepicture contains an embedded colour profile which does not match the monitor and asks which i should use. if i pick the photographs then the colours look all wrong again.

im assumming my monitor is displaying the proper colours because everyone elses pictures look really good

it was never like this before the format and i dont ever remmember messing with the profiles, maybe i should try reinstalling photoshop.

TIA
Hi,

What colour settings do you have ... check via the edit menu/color settings. it's more usual to use srgb which I think is default, or it could be Adobe RGB.

You need to be set as in the camera Custom menu under "color space" ie. don't have one set to srgb andthe otherset to Adobe RGB. See screenshot below ... Jack

Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:00 AM   #3

If you know your colour profile for your monitor use that, as below ... I have a Xerox flat screen model. In actual fact I don't see a lot of difference between srgb and the profile. ... Jack

Attached Images

Old Oct 9, 2008, 7:04 AM   #4

You haven't mentioned if you have a CRT monitor or TFT. ... If it's the latter and you don't have a colour profile for it then this site may help you, that's about all that comes to mind for now.... Jack.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/#sharpness-d.png
Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:00 AM   #5

You are already well over my head. The only suggestion I might make is to make sure you downloaded the latest version of ACR supported by the version of Photoshop you are using - apparently there were color problems early on with DNG files from the K20 (and I would assume that would apply to the Samsung equivalent, too), until Adobe came out with full support of the camera. I have no idea if this is the cause of your problem or not - as I said you are over my head already.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:51 AM   #6

thank you very much for your swift replys, i tried most of the stuff you suggested, some of it id allready tried, but still in the RAW preview bit that loads when you first open a RAW image the colours were just awfull.

so ive uninstalled CS3 and reinstalled it, first time i ran it i got error with monitor calibration profile, so this time i clicked dontuse monitor profile and its all working ok now, obviously it just doesnt like my profile.

i visited that site jack posted and ive realised that the magicolour setting on my monitor sets the gamma to high and makes everything look really bright and colourfull, which is why in the post with the red irrigator in the field harriet said i should up the colours, but on my monitor it looked really colourfull lol

so now ive got magicolour off and im probly seeing a much better representation of my pics now

thanks again

Dave
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:23 PM   #7

kazuya wrote:
Quote:
thank you very much for your swift replys, i tried most of the stuff you suggested, some of it id allready tried, but still in the RAW preview bit that loads when you first open a RAW image the colours were just awfull.

so ive uninstalled CS3 and reinstalled it, first time i ran it i got error with monitor calibration profile, so this time i clicked dontuse monitor profile and its all working ok now, obviously it just doesnt like my profile.

i visited that site jack posted and ive realised that the magicolour setting on my monitor sets the gamma to high and makes everything look really bright and colourfull, which is why in the post with the red irrigator in the field harriet said i should up the colours, but on my monitor it looked really colourfull lol

so now ive got magicolour off and im probly seeing a much better representation of my pics now

thanks again

Dave
Hi Dave ,

You're welcome, glad that link helped ... It's one of the most comprehensive sites I've found for TFT screen adjustment, I've found it very useful. ... Jack
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:05 PM   #8

kazuya wrote:
Quote:

so ive uninstalled CS3 and reinstalled it, first time i ran it i got error with monitor calibration profile, so this time i clicked don't use monitor profile and its all working ok now, obviously it just doesn't like my profile.
Dave,
hold your head a little more to the right and tilt your chin up up just a hair...
there, that's a much better profile!

GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:38 PM   #9

lol :G
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:41 PM   #10

Since I got my laptop things have gotten a little harder when doing photos and I can never be sure that my photos are right. Any small movement of the screen changes the gamma enough to either make the photo too dark or too light. Flat screens are nice but the view angle makes a big difference in what is seen.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote