Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:44 AM   #11

I will second all of the above.

What makes these even more impressive is that they were handheld at such a long focal length.

You must be a steady as a rock, Dawg.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:11 AM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Very nice pictures! Really love the last one.
Thank you Harriet,. I have a closer shot of that last one I'll post in a bit.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:15 AM   #13

Illuminati wrote:
Quote:
No need to apologize for greatness, dawg...

The bokeh on that lens is quite remarkable! Good job focusing on the eyes at such a distant focal range!

- Jason
Jason the eyes are a window to the soul in all of God's creatures and when in focus can forgive less focus on the rest of the subject. Thank you for seeing the target of my focus. The Bokeh delivered by the Bigma is one of it's most redeeming feature.

Dawg
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:18 AM   #14

rhermans wrote:
Quote:
A real great series Dawg,

shows how great a lens the Bigma is, in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Ronny
Thank you Ronny. I am still learning this lens. It really is not a matter of just point and shoot. You have to learn what it likes in different situations.

Dawg

Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:24 AM   #15

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

What makes these even more impressive is that they were handheld at such a long focal length.

Dal
Not that steady Dal. Higher ISO's and Anti-Shake technology help old fat people like me appear to be steadier than we are in reality!! LOL I've seen anti-Shake, VR, IS Foo Fooed in a lot of posts in so many different forums. Many say they turn it off as "Good Technique" is the only way To steady vibration free photos. I say why not use all things available to get them?!

Dawg
Old Oct 27, 2008, 2:59 PM   #16

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

Dal
Not that steady Dal. Higher ISO's and Anti-Shake technology help old fat people like me appear to be steadier than we are in reality!! LOL I've seen anti-Shake, VR, IS Foo Fooed in a lot of posts in so many different forums. Many say they turn it off as "Good Technique" is the only way To steady vibration free photos. I say why not use all things available to get them?!

Dawg
I know what you mean. I started with a Zenit E many years ago, and my fist camera with Anti-shake was the K10D. Good technique helps, but technolgy can be wonderful.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:20 PM   #17

Since I really like contrasting colors, my favorites are the white ducks on that beautiful blue lake! Great stuff!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:25 PM   #18

These are great shots - fantastic and sharp for the focal length and handheld.
tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:33 PM   #19

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

Dal

Dawg
I know what you mean. I started with a Zenit E many years ago, and my fist camera with Anti-shake was the K10D. Good technique helps, but technolgy can be wonderful.

Dal
We are on the same page with this Dal. I don't care for those that are out looking for the next gee golly great invention but when a good one comes along that is as useful as AS I'm going to use it!

Dawg
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:57 PM   #20

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
Since I really like contrasting colors, my favorites are the white ducks on that beautiful blue lake! Great stuff!

Glenn
Thank you Glenn. The truth though is the blue pond is a reflected color caused by my shooting in the early morning with the sun behind me and a cloudless blue sky overhead. Done on purpose this way to get that dark rich blue. Makes for very good color contrast doesn't it?

Dawg