Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,095
Default

I will post some images from my Toronto trip here. First the hotel, I really liked the repeated pattern of the balconies and the lone figure. I am using the DS and Sigma 24-135mm lens since I want to travel light.

Ira
Attached Images
 
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,095
Default

And I thought I would avoid cliches with this view of the CN Tower, I call it morning coffee.
Attached Images
 
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 5:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

Those are cool shots Ira!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:31 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Very nice Ira, glad you got some time to take some photos.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,095
Default

Thanks, since I only have a Eee-pc 2Gb Surf edition for a travel computer (the thing is so small it practically fits in your pocket), I couldn´t edit my RAW files so for every interesting image I shoot here, if I have time, I also shoot a 1.5Mp lowest quality jpeg, they are perfect for posting on Flickr and then I download a medium size image to post here. The simplified Linux operating system and Firefox browser makes this easier than linking from Flickr.

I know it sounds strange but when you are away from home you have to improvise.

Tomorrow it is off to Henry´s Super Store, one of the biggest camera stores in Canada.

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:43 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54
Default

Cool shots,and be sure to check the Henry's outlet store a couple of steps next door to henry's superstore - there's always some deals to be had in there.

Thanh

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks,* since I only have a Eee-pc 2Gb Surf edition for a travel computer (the thing is so small it practically fits in your pocket),* I couldn´t edit my RAW files so for every interesting image I shoot here, if I have time,* I also shoot a 1.5Mp lowest quality jpeg,* they are perfect for posting on Flickr and then I download a medium size image to post here.* The simplified Linux operating system and Firefox browser makes this easier than linking from Flickr.

I know it sounds strange but when you are away from home you have to improvise.

Tomorrow it is off to Henry´s Super Store,* one of the biggest camera stores in Canada.

Ira
tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:17 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,056
Default

I love your second shot, well, both of them, but the second one is so imaginative. Wonderful shot!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:31 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,095
Default

tdotho wrote:
Quote:
Cool shots,and be sure to check the Henry's outlet store a couple of steps next door to henry's superstore - there's always some deals to be had in there.

Thanh

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, since I only have a Eee-pc 2Gb Surf edition for a travel computer (the thing is so small it practically fits in your pocket), I couldn´t edit my RAW files so for every interesting image I shoot here, if I have time, I also shoot a 1.5Mp lowest quality jpeg, they are perfect for posting on Flickr and then I download a medium size image to post here. The simplified Linux operating system and Firefox browser makes this easier than linking from Flickr.

I know it sounds strange but when you are away from home you have to improvise.

Tomorrow it is off to Henry´s Super Store, one of the biggest camera stores in Canada.

Ira
Thanh

I just got back from Henry´s outlet store, scored an FA 28-70 f4 for $69 plus $15 for the two year warranty also got a manfrotto monopod for $39, a good morning.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:35 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,890
Default

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I just got back from Henry´s outlet store,* scored an FA 28-70 f4 for $69 plus $15 for the two* year warranty also got a manfrotto monopod for $39,* a good morning.

Ira
I was about to mention to you that there is a craiglist ad for a Tamron 28-75 F2.8 at around $250. But it is a lot heavier to carry than the FA28-70. You definitely get a good deal

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:00 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
MadMikeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kenmore, NY
Posts: 743
Default

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I am using the DS and Sigma 24-135mm lens since I want to travel light.

Ira
I had to chuckle about that... Since I have the same lens, I don't find it light.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:11 AM.