Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:33 PM   #1

I will post some images from my Toronto trip here. First the hotel, I really liked the repeated pattern of the balconies and the lone figure. I am using the DS and Sigma 24-135mm lens since I want to travel light.

Ira
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2008, 4:34 PM   #2

And I thought I would avoid cliches with this view of the CN Tower, I call it morning coffee.
Attached Images

Old Oct 28, 2008, 5:09 PM   #3

Those are cool shots Ira!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:31 PM   #4

Very nice Ira, glad you got some time to take some photos.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:32 PM   #5

Thanks, since I only have a Eee-pc 2Gb Surf edition for a travel computer (the thing is so small it practically fits in your pocket), I couldn´t edit my RAW files so for every interesting image I shoot here, if I have time, I also shoot a 1.5Mp lowest quality jpeg, they are perfect for posting on Flickr and then I download a medium size image to post here. The simplified Linux operating system and Firefox browser makes this easier than linking from Flickr.

I know it sounds strange but when you are away from home you have to improvise.

Tomorrow it is off to Henry´s Super Store, one of the biggest camera stores in Canada.

Ira

Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:43 PM   #6

Cool shots,and be sure to check the Henry's outlet store a couple of steps next door to henry's superstore - there's always some deals to be had in there.

Thanh

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks,* since I only have a Eee-pc 2Gb Surf edition for a travel computer (the thing is so small it practically fits in your pocket),* I couldn´t edit my RAW files so for every interesting image I shoot here, if I have time,* I also shoot a 1.5Mp lowest quality jpeg,* they are perfect for posting on Flickr and then I download a medium size image to post here.* The simplified Linux operating system and Firefox browser makes this easier than linking from Flickr.

Tomorrow it is off to Henry´s Super Store,* one of the biggest camera stores in Canada.

Ira
tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:17 PM   #7

I love your second shot, well, both of them, but the second one is so imaginative. Wonderful shot!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:31 PM   #8

tdotho wrote:
Quote:
Cool shots,and be sure to check the Henry's outlet store a couple of steps next door to henry's superstore - there's always some deals to be had in there.

Thanh

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, since I only have a Eee-pc 2Gb Surf edition for a travel computer (the thing is so small it practically fits in your pocket), I couldn´t edit my RAW files so for every interesting image I shoot here, if I have time, I also shoot a 1.5Mp lowest quality jpeg, they are perfect for posting on Flickr and then I download a medium size image to post here. The simplified Linux operating system and Firefox browser makes this easier than linking from Flickr.

Tomorrow it is off to Henry´s Super Store, one of the biggest camera stores in Canada.

Ira
Thanh

I just got back from Henry´s outlet store, scored an FA 28-70 f4 for $69 plus $15 for the two year warranty also got a manfrotto monopod for $39, a good morning.

Ira
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:35 PM   #9

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I just got back from Henry´s outlet store,* scored an FA 28-70 f4 for $69 plus $15 for the two* year warranty also got a manfrotto monopod for $39,* a good morning.

Ira
I was about to mention to you that there is a craiglist ad for a Tamron 28-75 F2.8 at around $250. But it is a lot heavier to carry than the FA28-70. You definitely get a good deal

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:00 PM   #10

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I am using the DS and Sigma 24-135mm lens since I want to travel light.

Ira
I had to chuckle about that... Since I have the same lens, I don't find it light.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote