Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 2, 2008, 12:05 AM   #1

Today has been a touring day - Thursday we decided to take a weekend away. Some pictures:

Morning Color:

Color and Texture:

Color and Texture of a different sort:

Later on we went up in the world and discovered other colors:

Found texture of a different sort:

Looking down 7,000 feet:

Later on we discovered this "colorful" American soldier:

I give up, my hands are raised:

Textures and contrasts: I don't think this is quite what the museum curator had in mind...

The black and white picture and the statue of Patton were taken by my husband with the K100 with kit lens. The rest were taken by me, using the K20 and a couple of lenses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2008, 12:18 AM   #2

H

Love all the Shots, I especially love the Perspective of the Tank. IMHO Its a great Angle.
Tell the Hubby that His Shots were Great Alos. Mybe you should buy him a K20D For Xmas

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:18 AM   #3

Really nice series. I like all of them and they're hard to compare because they include such a variety of effects, but I think my favorites are the baloon against the backdrop of the mountains and the Patton statue. Inclusion of the flags and the palm in the background make the photo far more interesting than just a picture of a statue.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:35 AM   #4

I thought the Patton statue definitely got the idea across of who he was as a soldier. The museum is in the middle of the desert, at the sight of one of the camps he used during WWII. The palm tree puts the statue in context very well. I think Dan could make a better photographer than I do, if he ever decides to work at it. He has a really good eye for things like this.

You are right about the day offering such different types of photo opportunities. The middle three pictures were literally looking down 7,000 feet - the wind mills are at around 1,000 feet elevation and I was standing on a mountain at over 8,000 feet elevation. I even managed rather well on the tram-ride up!
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:10 AM   #5

Hello,

An amazing range of shots! I love them.

Especially love the morning shot, balloon shot & the nice perspective on the tank!

Love them, love them, love them!

Take care,
Glen

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:29 PM   #6

Harriet these are great, both yours and your husbands. I love the variety and I think I am especially appreciative of them because several are shots I would never think to take. You really let your creativity run here and it worked very well.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:37 PM   #7

Thanks for the compliments.

Tim - I'm curious (and surprised) by your comment. I'm not quite sure which of these pictures were all that creative, except for possibly the last one (and that one is more humorous than creative). That one happened because I happened to see it when I first walked out into their yard where the tanks are - I'm just the right height to see it that way and thought it was funny. All the other ones are pretty traditional, just taking advantage of either the nice sunrise, or a particular lens' capability (wide angle or long), or else trying to capture something that caught my eye in some way.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:40 PM   #8

I really like the first image. It reminds me of my honeymoon in Hawaii last year when we just sat on the beach watching the sun set.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:13 PM   #9

Harriet, these are really fantastic, you've outdone yourself! Esp ##1, 2, 3 and 5. The tank shot is actually rather humourus too, like a sci-fiinsect with it's two eyes and long trunk.

How do people know which ones were take by you and which by your hubby?
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 8:02 PM   #10

Harriet, These are all wonderful. Nothing in particular, but all absolutely stunning photos! Where did you take them. I can't figure out where you were. Southern CA, Arizona, Nevada?

Great job to your and your hubby.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote