Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:35 PM   #1

Hi all,

don't know if this has been posted before but I just found this wonderful experiment with a k10d, and had to share it.

"Some K series Pentax cameras can boast that they've travelled farther than most of us. An experiment by ...."

best to check out the complete article at
http://www.imaginginfo.com/web/online/Online-Exclusives/Science-Experiment--Camera-Not-Lost-in-Space/49$4139

and the series of pictures on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arena5/...7606119049987/
[img]file:///C:/Users/rhermans/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/rhermans/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img]

[img]file:///C:/Users/rhermans/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/img]

Enjoy

Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:54 PM   #2

Interesting.....The K10D is a great camera but there is no doubt that there are other better cameras out there that will do a better job, of course it will cost more. But if you had the money do send a camera to space, couldn't you get a better camera or a lens better then the STOCK lens kit?
:?

Either way, I am glad the Pentax K10D had a chance to go to space and make it back alive.

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2008, 9:22 PM   #3

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
there is no doubt that there are other better cameras out there that will do a better job,

Either way, I am glad the Pentax K10D had a chance to go to space and make it back alive.
But are there any that are more rugged? As you said, it made it back alive, and that's what counts. Years ago I knew a camera repairman who said he made his living repairing failure prone Nikon Fs for the pros, while other "lesser" brands quietly soldiered on.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 1:37 PM   #4

penolta wrote:
Quote:
superakuma wrote:
Quote:
there is no doubt that there are other better cameras out there that will do a better job,

But are there any that are more rugged? As you said, it made it back alive, and that's what counts. Years ago I knew a camera repairman who said he made his living repairing failure prone Nikon Fs for the pros, while other "lesser" brands quietly soldiered on.
Sounds like a wise man!
GW:bye:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote