Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:43 AM   #1

I may one day forgive you all pentaxians, for not letting me experience this wonderful K20D that i now own, a lot sooner.

But this thing is so

It is a great upgrade from the K10D, which i had a lot of fun with, but thinghs went off with a good start, so anyone out there, thinking if they should, you are missing out :blah:

Dave

Pentax K20D / D-BG2
DA*16-50 : DA*50-135 : 360 FGZ
Domke F3X
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2008, 6:50 AM   #2

Hi,

Nope, not missing a thing yet... :G I am still loving and using The ORIGINAL!! My ist D will be with me for a very long time!!!

Maybe the next model might be interesting enough for me, if the take out the live view...

Glad you are happy with your camera! have fun and enjoy!!

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 7:45 AM   #3

Glad you like your's Dave. I'm still waiting till the K30D comes out so I can get a K20D for another $200 or so off what it costs now...Or better yet get a used one from someone upgrading for another $100 or more of of that. :-):-)
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:50 PM   #4

a lot of people have been complaining about the live view , but used right it is really an asset , i dont think it was originally put there to be used like the P&S, but using it to check settings and adjusting them to how you like it before taking the shot has been useful so far.

A next thing is burst mode , in review, if you keep the advance button depressed, you get a movie,

Dave

Pentax K20D / D-BG2
Domke F3X

dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 1:54 PM   #5

dafiryde wrote:
Quote:
a lot of people have been complaining about the live view , but used right it is really an asset , i dont think it was originally put there to be used like the P&S, but using it to check settings and adjusting them to how you like it before taking the shot has been useful so far.

A next thing is burst mode , in review, if you keep the advance button depressed, you get a movie,

Dave

Pentax K20D / D-BG2
Domke F3X
Dave,
your just trying to make me feel worse than I already do, aren't you!
:G
GW:bye:
Attached Images

Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:51 PM   #6

Hi Dave,

Congrats ont the K20!

I've got nothing to be ashamed of.:-) I was an early adopter, and have always touted the camera. . . and I paid close to MSRP for mine, and haven't regretted it.

As you have apparently noted, it's more than the incremental, evolutionary upgrade of the K10 that many reviewers have written. Most of the reviewers just haven't used both cameras on a day to day basis. Because of having essentially the same body, this may be the first impression, but shooting both bodies on a day-after-day basis, there's a very significant difference, with the K20 coming out way ahead. At current prices, it's just a flat-out steal, and I would defy anyone to show me a better bang for the buck in an advanced featured DSLR.

I know you're going to have some fun with the K20. I'll be waiting to see some results!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:33 PM   #7

What Scott said.

I'm another who have been advocating for the K20 - it just suits me so much better than the K10 ever did. I know exactly how you feel - I felt the same way when I looked at the pictures on the monitor the first time. I haven't changed my mind since.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:46 PM   #8

It is extremely had to resist the present price of $700 with a 3 year Pentax warranty for the K20D even though I am still happy with my K10D.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:42 AM   #9

Present pricing certainly makes the camera attractive, but if you don't have an extra $700 it doesn't really help! But I am glad for everyone who has one because we get to see some great pictures on this thread!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 6:34 PM   #10

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
It is extremely had to resist the present price of $700 with a 3 year Pentax warranty for the K20D even though I am still happy with my K10D.

Tom
I was extemely happy with my K10D until I bought the K20D.

The K20D is everything the K10D should have been

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote